Senior Software Engineer
- Boise, ID, USA
As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will provide back-end support for eCommerce projects and maintenance using Java Spring Framework. You will develop and maintain Hybris back-end code and extensions, create unit tests, do code reviews, and provide innovative solutions for pending bugs and issues within the system. You will also provide technical analysis, scoping and estimations for any back-end related tasks and projects. You will be working closely with front-end team to support and extend data models and APIs. And lastly, you will co-develop with our software development partners.
As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will report to our Director of Digital Technology.
What you’ll do:
- Writing a reliable and stable back-end codes with unit testing and code review 70% of the time
- Provide technical analysis on platform enhancements and customizations and other back-end technologies 10% of the time
- Working with FE, development partners and cross-functional team 10% of the time
- Involved in building/improving processes to improve efficiency
- Investigate and resolve issues that arise within the system
- Provide scoping and estimation on projects and tasks
- Constantly find ways to improve application performance, stability and reliability of the platform
What you bring to the table:
- 4+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of experience JAVA and Spring Framework
- Experience with SAP Hybris platform development is a plus
- Strong teamwork and collaboration
- Strong problem-solving skills: adaptable, enthusiastic, and willing to take ownership
- High standards for documentation, unit testing, code reviews, continuous integration & deployment, and a preference for agile methods
- Required knowledge: JAVA/JEE and Spring Framework, JSP, JSTL, MYSQL, SAP Agile/Scrum, GIT, JIRA
- Experience with eCommerce platform integrations
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
About Balsam Brands: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. We love to reimagine eCommerce and retail in ways that thrill our customers, and to leave a lasting impact on the world around us. We have fast-growing teams in the Bay Area, Boise, Manila, and Dublin.
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
- Balsam Brands in Forbes: http://bit.ly/balsamforbes
- Balsam Brands on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/balsam-brands/
Location: Boise, ID
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits.
Contact: Please submit a cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter a dish that you would like to bring to one of our potlucks.
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.