Sr. eCommerce Manager
- Boise, ID, USA
As a Senior eCommerce Manager, you will be responsible for driving and monitoring our webstore performance via effective merchandising, website feature development, and conversion rate optimization projects. You will work closely with User Experience (UX) and Creative to build a best-in-class global eCommerce website, including site functionality, to exceed our customer expectations and business goals. You will lead a small, high-performing team of eCommerce merchandising and optimization individuals, will be a key stakeholder in the creation of a mid and long-term eCommerce roadmap, and serve as business lead for several of our eCommerce roadmap projects. You will also work closely with Product Management, Website Operations, and Development to identify technology, processes and tool improvements that contribute to the overall growth and profitability of the business. This position reports to the Director of eCommerce.
What you’ll do:
- Develop eCommerce strategy and tactical plans that will help meet and/or exceed company eCommerce revenue and profitability goals
- Close collaboration with the Marketing, Merchandising, Pricing, and Planning teams to define business goals for our brands, aligning on strategies that drive growth
- Drive innovation and optimization through testing and application of eCommerce best practices
- Review key page/category metrics (conversion, bounce, exit, revenue, engagement, etc.) to both optimize the strategy for visual merchandising and develop eCommerce features to improve the overall customer experience
- Work with a UX and UI team to improve conversion and eCommerce user experience
- Monitor, meet, and report on eCommerce KPI's (conversion, bounce/exit, cart abandon, RPV, brand/category revenue, etc.) across devices, pages, and customer segments and be able to explain the business drivers behind fluctuations in these metrics
- Oversee the eCommerce creative development process (creative briefs, creative reviews, page creation processes, shot lists) across all brands and geographies
- Partner with Merchandising (physical product) to ensure that product goals and benefits are being translated onto our webstores in a way that is consistent with their strategies
- Deliver feedback at creative reviews on creative/copy that does/doesn't meet business goals
- Partner with Product Management, Engineering, and Web Dev teams to ensure technical support for the execution of eCommerce projects and website operations
- Provide direction for prioritization of website projects, bug fixes, and maintenance tasks that go to Website Operations, Creative and/or Development teams
What you bring to the table:
- Well-versed in site analytics and proficient in analyzing data for eCommerce decision making
- 8+ years of experience in eCommerce merchandising, feature development and conversion optimization for top-tier direct-to-consumer brands
- Deep knowledge of eCommerce best practices; very strong merchandising "eye"
- Strong people manager with a demonstrated track record of building, leading, developing and retaining effective teams
- Partners well cross-functionally and develops efficient processes for feedback and collaboration
- Leads, but also builds consensus as needed
- Strong creative, analytical and intuitive problem-solving skills
- Can foresee potential issues/setbacks and proactively develop plans to address/contingencies
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA a plus
About Balsam Brands: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. We love to reimagine eCommerce and retail in ways that thrill our customers, and to leave a lasting impact on the world around us. We have fast-growing teams in the Bay Area, Boise, Manila, and Dublin.
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
- Balsam Brands in Forbes: http://bit.ly/balsamforbes
- Balsam Brands on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/balsam-brands/
Location: Boise, ID or Redwood City, CA
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits.
Contact: Please submit a cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter a dish that you would like to bring to one of our potlucks.
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.