Lead DevOps Engineer
- Boise, ID, USA
Balsam Brands Digital Technology Team is seeking a Lead DevOps Engineer with experience in building and leading a team of DevOps Engineers. You will utilize your technical expertise and experience in driving the design and automation of processes to support the Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) of digital technology, enterprise systems, microservices applications and database services in the form of pipelines for the delivery of software across the enterprise. You will work collaboratively with our internal team of Software and DevOps Engineers to design, build and deploy our systems, thereby helping us to automate and streamline our operations and processes. You will define best practices for CI/CD across the full SDLC. You will work closely with multiple teams (internal and external partners) to build, collect and report on CI/CD metrics.
What you’ll do:
Management and Strategy:
- Tasked with the management and development of continuous integration and deployment solutions for production applications across various platform.
- Spearhead the creation of new technology infrastructures and maintain configuration management and automation tools.
- The Lead DevOps Engineer plays an operational role by troubleshooting issues in development systems and is also responsible for the architecture and technical leadership of the entire DevOps infrastructure.
- Enable the automation of configuration management for all development, quality assurance, and production servers as well as the automation of continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- The Lead DevOps Engineer is also tasked with the creation of software deployment strategies that allow DevOps engineers to successfully deploy codebase in any environment.
- The Lead DevOps Engineer would be responsible for updating configuration management tools, code for the purpose of streamlining implementation, supportability by implementing monitoring solutions that identify both system bottlenecks and production issues.
- The Lead DevOps Engineer is further tasked with the creation of solutions for managing and ingesting large numbers of documents in real time, enabling prompt search analysis as well as implements data storage schemas such as clustering in order to maximize performance.
Design and Development:
- Will manage designing, building, and optimizing comprehensive automation systems that operate the business’s digital, enterprise, and data infrastructure platforms
- Design, build and manage the CI/CD infrastructure, test automation frameworks for build validation and tools to deliver Horizon Cloud Service
- Would also be involved in designs scaling strategies and develops automation scripts and solutions for the purpose of streamlining, implementing, and testing eCommerce platform and enterprise software.
- Lead the development framework for building self-service solutions for the engineering department that includes “DevSecOps” process in order to deliver solutions with great speed, static application and dynamic application security and quality process.
- Automate software maintenance of application like Jenkins, Sonarqube, etc. which are part of CI/CD pipeline.
- Design and maintain cloud-based solutions on Cloud services such as AWS, Google Compute Engine, Heroku, DigitalOcean, OpenStack, and Rackspace
Collaboration, Support and Mentorship:
- The Lead DevOps Engineer would act / lead in a collaborative role where he / she would assist other DevOps Engineers in the navigation of technologies such as Python, Ruby, Scala, MySQL, MongoDb.
- Conduct training for DevOps engineers and other engineering teams on how to build processes where dependencies are represented clearly in code.
- Coach the technology engineering development team members in the workings of reusable tools and patterns, for example, reusable code.
- Support engineering teams in the implementation of lifecycle infrastructure solutions and documentation operations in order to meet the technology function’s quality and standards
- The Lead DevOps Engineer is further tasked with keeping up with industry best practices and trends on behalf of the DevOps team and the larger technology team.
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 5 + years of experience designing and building framework and tools within a large enterprise.
- Must have 3+ years of extensive experience in the design and implementation of fully automated Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Deployment pipelines and DevOps processes for Agile projects.
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience with Python and other scripting languages such as Perl, Ruby etc., Linux System Admin and Bash Scripting
- Experience in developing and maintaining CI/CD process for enterprise SaaS and on-prem applications using tools like Git, Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, etc.
- Must have vast experience in systems automation, orchestration, deployment, and implementation, as well as have skills in scaling distributed data systems
- Must also have worked with monitoring tools such as Graphite, Nagios, and experience with infrastructure application tools such as Chef (preferred), Ansible, Puppet
- A result oriented individual, be helpful in nature, be self-motivated, be proactive going beyond the call of duty
- A creative and strategic thinker, highly analytical with an ability to work comfortably in a constantly evolving and in a collaborative environment
- Ability to understand how requirements will impact the supported applications
- Be accretive to the Balsam Brands’ culture and help make this a place where employees love their jobs.
About Balsam Brands: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. We love to reimagine eCommerce and retail in ways that thrill our customers, and to leave a lasting impact on the world around us. We have fast-growing teams in the Bay Area, Boise, Manila, and Dublin.
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
- Balsam Brands in Forbes: http://bit.ly/balsamforbes
- Balsam Brands on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/balsam-brands/
Location: Boise, ID
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits.
Contact: Please submit a cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter a dish that you would like to bring to one of our potlucks.
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.