Administrative Assistant - Manila, PH
- Manila, Metro Manila, Philippines
Balsam Brands is a multi-brand e-Commerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. Based in Silicon Valley, the company operates market-leading website such as www.BalsamHill.com. We strive for excellence in everything we do and have been honored to receive the following awards as a result:
- Forbes: America’s Best Small Companies (2016)
- Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- San Francisco Business Times: Fast 100 – Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: 75 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
The company’s outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Balsam International is our Regional Operating Headquarters in the Philippines functioning remotely with a team of hard-working, passionate professionals who contribute significantly to the company’s success. The team in the Philippines enjoy full employee benefits including mandatories (SSS, PAG-IBIG, PhilHealth), 13th month pay, healthcare coverage +2 dependents, internet subsidy (after regularization), holiday breaks, meal subsidies, company trips and other perks on top of the work-from-home setup.
Balsam International is looking for an Administrative Assistant who will bring order to chaos. Your Konmari-like organizational skills will play a huge part in providing administrative support on a variety of tasks. You are flexible and you have an impeccable eye for detail. Our ideal candidate must also be tech savvy, an effective communicator both verbal and written, has topnotch multi-tasking skills, is customer-oriented, and exhibits an infectious positive attitude.
To be a successful Administrative Assistant, you should be professional, polite, and attentive while also being accurate. You should always be prepared and responsive, willing to meet each challenge directly. You will wear many hats to help fulfill cross-functional and cross-geographical goals. You will be reporting to the Manager of Compliance in the US with dotted line reporting to the Director of People in the PH.
What you'll be doing:
- Providing general admin and clerical support by handling tasks such as filing, generating reports and presentations, setting up for meetings, arranging and scheduling of calendars and meetings, and maintaining an inventory of fixed assets and supplies.
- Providing real-time scheduling support by booking appointments, creating room assignments making sure that there are no schedule or room use conflicts.
- Making travel arrangements, such as booking flights, cars, and making hotel and restaurant reservations requests.
- Generating reports, transcribe minutes from meetings, create presentations, and conduct general research.
- Maintaining polite and professional communication via phone, email and other communication channels.
- Anticipating the needs of others, researching and coordinating with various vendors in order to ensure the team’s seamless, positive experience and needs.
- Assisting the team in consolidating pre-employment documents submitted by New Hires and other admin and on-boarding tasks.
- Filing of government documents personally to various government agencies for compliance.
- Maintaining government and business operations related documents.
- Assisting in resolving admin challenges.
- Reporting internet connectivity capacity for Team Manila regularly.
- Support Employee Engagement initiatives through vendor research and coordination.
- Other ad hoc tasks.
What you bring to the table:
- At least 1 year of hands-on administrative support experience
- Highly proficient in MS Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and MS Teams)
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and comfortable working with different individuals from different geographies and cultures
- Ability to prioritize tasks and projects and has strong problem solving skills
- Desire to be proactive and create a positive experience for others
- Good research skills and great attention to detail
- Resourceful and cost-conscious
- Comfortable in working through a task via electronic means (email, chat and task management applications)
- Can work autonomously
- Exhibit a learner’s attitude
- Must live within Metro Manila only.
- Must be willing to join occasional in-person meetings and trainings and to run around the Metro to complete various admin tasks, as needed
- Must have a dedicated, functional laptop that meets the following specifications:
For Windows users:
- OS Windows 7 – 64 bit or higher
- Processor: Intel Core i3 or better
- RAM/Memory: 4GB or higher
- Hard Drive: 500GB or higher
For MAC users:
- Processor: 2GHz Intel Core i5
- Memory: 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
- Start-up Disk Macintosh HD
- Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536MB
- Must have a back-up laptop or desktop for use, if primary laptop encounters issues.
- Must have a fast, reliable DSL, Fiber or Broadband connection (not mobile or broadband stick) as the primary internet connection with a minimum actual speed of 5MBPS.
- Must have a back-up internet connection of the same speed, if primary connection becomes spotty.
- Must have licensed MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) including Outlook.
Note: An online assessment will also be part of the recruitment process.
Status: Full Time.
Location: Our corporate offices are based in Northern California with a Regional Operating Headquarters (ROHQ) in the Philippines. The Administrative Assistant is a remote working position in Manila. Team members in the Philippines are ideally located within easy driving distance to Metro Manila for occasional team meetings and trainings. They have a great working environment at home with at least 5MBPS internet connection speed. Company executives visit the Philippines regularly so team members attend in-person meetings from time to time.