Sr. Digital Design Manager - Manila, PH
- Manila, Metro Manila, Philippines
Balsam Brands is a multi-brand e-Commerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. Based in Silicon Valley, the company operates market-leading website such as www.BalsamHill.com. We strive for excellence in everything we do and have been honored to receive the following awards as a result:
- Forbes: America’s Best Small Companies (2016)
- Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- San Francisco Business Times: Fast 100 – Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: 75 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
The company’s outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Balsam International is our Regional Operating Headquarters in the Philippines functioning remotely with a team of hard-working, passionate professionals who contribute significantly to the company’s success. The team in the Philippines enjoy full employee benefits including mandatories (SSS, PAG-IBIG, PhilHealth), 13th month pay, healthcare coverage + 2 dependents, internet subsidy (after regularization), holiday breaks, meal subsidies, company trips and other perks on top of the work-from-home setup.
Balsam International is looking for a talented, seasoned and fun Senior Digital Design Manager who has mastery of web and marketing design, a firm grasp of the creative workflow, strong organizational skills, and excellent people management and development skills.
You will work closely with our local creative team, leading, supporting and nurturing them as you work cross-functionally and cross-geographically. You will support the designers by providing design feedback in regards to quality and consistency, ensuring timely completion of projects, and supporting the team’s overall performance and growth. You will work cross-geographically with our creative team abroad, (consisting of designers, copywriters, and photo/video team) to comprehend current campaigns, strategies and business priorities and ensure your team’s knowledge and understanding of them.
What you'll be doing:
• Supervise and support the Manila design team.
• Lead and participate in designing and redesigning various visual experiences using excellent creative and innovative skills
• Provide constructive feedback to team’s work in regards to UX, UI, and marketing designs, ensuring consistency and excellence
• Consistently communicate with creatives cross-geographically to comprehend current campaigns, strategies, and priorities; then, effectively communicate relevant information to his/her team ensuring team members’ knowledge of current business and creative directions
• Manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines, ensuring timely delivery and be accountable for his/her team’s work
• Oversee new techniques and processes to provide the best quality and most efficient designs
• Mentor and support the growth of designers’ professional skills
What you bring to the table:
**Please submit an online portfolio that reflects your experience, specifying which work was created 100% by you vs. by a team.
• Undergraduate degree in Web/Graphic Design, Multimedia design, or an Art/Design field
• More than 7 years of experience in UX/UI, web design and/or Marketing design
• More than 3 years of managing a team
• Has project management experience
• Strong interpersonal skills and effective relationship building capacity with team members and cross-functional partners
• Collaborative and flexible
• High sensitivity to teams’ capabilities and potential growth
• Passion for design (typography, color and grid layouts)
• Proficient in Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud with the ability to produce organized files
• Impeccable eye for detail and consistency
• Ability to collaborate with fellow creatives and cross-functional partners
• Strong organizational skills & flexibility in task delegations and working with different teams
• Be self-motivated and comfortable working remotely
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Desire to have fun at work
• Comfortable in working through a task via electronic means (email, chat and task management applications)
Nice to Have:
• Experience in video creation
• Knowledge of photography and photo editing
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite
• Must live within Metro Manila, Cavite, Rizal, Bulacan or certain parts of Laguna only (Biñan, Cabuyao, Calamba, Los Baños, San Pedro and Santa Rosa).
• Must be willing to join occasional in-person meetings.
• Must have a dedicated, functional laptop that meets the following specifications:
• Processor: 2GHz Intel Core i5
• Memory: 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
• Start-up Disk Macintosh HD
• Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536MB
• Must have a back-up laptop or desktop for use, if primary laptop encounters issues.
• Must have a fast, reliable DSL, Fiber or Broadband connection (not mobile or broadband stick) as the primary internet connection with a minimum actual speed of 5MBPS.
• Must have a back-up internet connection of the same speed, if primary connection becomes spotty.
• Must have licensed MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) including Outlook.
Status: Full Time.
Location: Our corporate offices are based in Northern California with a Regional Operating Headquarters (ROHQ) in the Philippines. The Web Developer is a remote working position in Manila. Team members in the Philippines are ideally located within easy driving distance to Metro Manila for team outings. They have a great working environment at home with at least 5MBPS internet connection speed. Company executives visit the Philippines regularly so team members attend in-person meetings from time to time.