Application Architect - Enterprise Systems
- Boise, ID, USA
Balsam Brands Technology Team is looking for an Application Architect to join and lead our growing team of application experts. You will be responsible for managing a development team and lead development processes, existing software products, and enhancements and custom development of proprietary software products. You will be responsible for the creation, maintenance and management of application architecture models and their lower level components. You will also be required to interpret, use and apply information contained within technology application architecture to inform a range of business improvement activities, particularly those involved in the design, development, enhancement and maintenance of application systems.
Our ideal candidate is an expert with proven success in a hands-on technical role, building teams, and delivering application platforms within hi-tech retail sector. He / She will also have a deep understanding of retail systems architecture in general, which they will be able to translate into business value for customers. The ideal candidate will have experience leading teams, collaborating with business stakeholders, and have developed a deep understanding of successful retail industry practices. You will support our software engineers, data and software architects, as well as our Business partners (Operations / Finance / eCommerce / Marketing) to ensure optimal application delivery throughout ongoing projects. They will have experience building, deploying, and maintaining software solutions, preferably on a cloud platform like that of Azure / AWS / Google Cloud Computing, etc.
The Application Architect will report to the CTO.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible to lead the technology architecture of our internal enterprise application systems supporting our customer service and operations team across the organization
- Provide technical leadership in architecture standards, design, implementation and support of highly reliable, flexible, scaleable and cost-effective software and technologies
- Provide technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new application interfaces / microservices and initiatives to support and enhance the existing systems
- Build a high performing team through team development and mentorship, recruiting, and retention that supports Balsam Brands’ growing business needs
- Evaluate the end-to-end risks in our eCommerce technology and identify opportunities to reduce exposure, especially in the areas of inventory management, order fulfillment, and customer database
- Act as trusted advisor and subject matter expert in building micro service and cloud native applications as well as providing recommendations in assessing new APIs initiatives to support and enhance the existing systems
- Responsible for the design and development of the application's architecture and blueprints on which functional and non-functional requirements can be met.
- Review application developer technical designs; translate user requirements to technical requirements.
- Design application's technical infrastructure, such as application components, platforms, interfaces, development tools, and testing approaches.
- Collaborate closely with business and IT leaders to understand relevant business strategies and plans which will impact relevant business processes and architecture.
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with cross-functional partners; serve as the executive escalation point for back-end development needs
- Serve as primary liaison to internal groups for all aspects of technology adoption and application integration.
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor's Degree in technology-related curriculum required
- 10+ years of professional experience in information systems or technology roles with minimum of 3+ years of demonstrated advancement toward advanced architecture roles
- 5+ years of experience in managing developers, driving and retaining a high-performance team
- Dynamic Leadership and ability to act strategically while driving execution on multiple initiatives
- Extensive Enterprise Architecture experience with an ability to interact effectively with business and technology stakeholders to improve business performance
- Strong knowledge of SAP, .NET /Java technology stacks with hands on experience working with hosted/cloud applications and integrations to internal systems
- The ability to work collaboratively with, and bring unquestioned value to, a group of very driven team members, during a time of business transformation and growth.
- Coaching, mentoring and supporting systems development teams in implementing architectures
- Strong interpersonal, communication, collaboration and negotiation skills with the ability to deliver optimal, cohesive results and manage vendor relationship
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills
- Experience with eCommerce platform integrations (e.g., SAP), CRM software (e.g., Salesforce) preferred as well as Order Management platforms
- Experience running RFP processes and negotiating contracts
- Must be abreast of high standards for documentation, unit testing, code reviews, continuous integration & deployment, with a preference for agile methodology
About Balsam Brands: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. We love to reimagine eCommerce and retail in ways that thrill our customers, and to leave a lasting impact on the world around us. We have fast-growing teams in the Bay Area, Boise, Manila, and Dublin.
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
- Balsam Brands in Forbes: http://bit.ly/balsamforbes
- Balsam Brands on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/balsam-brands/
Location: Boise, ID
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits.
Contact: Please submit a cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter a dish that you would like to bring to one of our potlucks.
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.