E-Commerce Manager - Manila, PH
- Manila, Metro Manila, Philippines
Balsam Brands is a multi-brand e-Commerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. Based in Silicon Valley, the company operates market-leading website such as www.BalsamHill.com. We strive for excellence in everything we do and have been honored to receive the following awards as a result:
- Forbes: America’s Best Small Companies (2016)
- Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- San Francisco Business Times: Fast 100 – Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: 75 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
The company’s outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Balsam International is our Regional Operating Headquarters in the Philippines functioning remotely with a team of hard-working, passionate professionals who contribute significantly to the company’s success. The team in the Philippines enjoy full employee benefits including mandatories (SSS, PAG-IBIG, PhilHealth), 13th month pay, healthcare coverage + 2 dependents, internet subsidy (after regularization), holiday breaks, meal subsidies, company trips and other perks on top of the work-from-home setup.
The E-Commerce Manager will lead the team in the Philippines in updating and improving our E-Commerce websites. This role is responsible for supporting the growth of the E-Commerce Operations Team that supports the coordination and implementation of several content updates. This includes promotional activities, merchandising plans, new product on-boarding and technical site updates across multiple web properties and platforms.
We are seeking for a highly effective leader who fosters team spirit and enjoys coaching others. Equally, we are looking for an expert in process development who can create tools that will be used for on-going digital operations and who will be willing to explain new or refined processes to team members.
Our ideal candidate is a people person with an analytical mind, an excellent communicator and a strategic thinker who considers how work impacts the company's customers and the business. Successful candidates must be extremely reliable with keen attention to detail and excellent time management skills.
What you’ll be doing:
- Spearhead growth and development of our E-Commerce Team in the Philippines. Empower team to effectively support front-end content updates and improvements across multiple E-Commerce websites.
- Proactively communicate with teams in other geographies about the status of projects, priorities, and team members' workloads; continually balance the overall work across team members and reprioritize and reassign tasks as needed.
- Coordinate with the US and Europe-based E-Commerce Managers to provide project progress status reports to business stakeholders, as appropriate.
- Empower the E-Commerce Operations Team with relevant and impactful project work. Ensure that team members are assigned work that suits their individual strengths, but that also allows them to continue to develop in their roles.
- Become an expert in the on-going work of the team such as using databases and other software tools including Content Management Systems (CMS), Digital Asset Management systems (DAM), Product Information Management (PIM) and other in-house Excel content models.
- Continuous assessment, refinement, and roll out processes that make the team's work easier and more efficient.
- Document processes for common or on-going tasks and in support of the team’s training and ongoing reference.
- Coordinate with additional team leads in the Philippines (Web Development, Paid Marketing, Content, SEO, etc.) to ensure user experience is consistent and clear throughout all channels.
- Support broader E-Commerce leads in monitoring of website performance; work with technical resources to continually improve site speed and performance and monitor error logs and analytical reports for indicators of performance challenges.
- Project manage key E-Commerce optimization efforts and roadmap projects.
- Plan, coordinate and facilitate monthly in-person team meetings in the greater Manila area as well as occasionally present during remote functional teamwide check-in meetings.
What you bring to the table:
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills with ability to appropriately self-prioritize work
- Strong project management, teamwork and communication skills
- Proven ability to quickly get up to speed with tools and processes with an aptitude for identifying and spearheading integration opportunities not yet realized
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Good critical thinking skills and the ability to find innovative solutions to challenging problems
- Eagerness to take initiative and consistently exceed expectations with a positive attitude
- Fast learner with willingness to work in a fast-paced environment
- Consumer-centric mindset
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Basic HTML and SEO knowledge a plus
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Business. Master’s degree is a plus
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in B2C E-Commerce, or similar position
- 3+ years of experience in managing a team, including hiring and on-boarding team members
- Experience with CMS, PIM and/or DAM platforms required
- Experience in project management platforms, such as JIRA or Trello is a plus
- Must live within Metro Manila, Cavite, Rizal, Bulacan or certain parts of Laguna only (Biñan, Cabuyao, Calamba, Los Baños, San Pedro and Santa Rosa).
- Must be willing to join occasional in-person meetings.
- Must have a dedicated, functional laptop that meets the following specifications:
For Windows users:
- OS: Windows 7 – 64 bit or better
- Processor: Intel Core i3 or better
- RAM/Memory: 4GB or higher
- Hard Drive: 500GB or higher
For Mac users:
- Processor: 2GHz Intel Core i7
- Memory: 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
- Start-up Disk Macintosh HD
- Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536MB
- Must have a back-up laptop or desktop for use, if primary laptop encounters issues.
- Must have a fast, reliable DSL, Fiber or Broadband connection (not mobile or broadband stick) as the primary internet connection with a minimum actual speed of 5MBPS.
- Must have a back-up internet connection of the same speed, if primary connection becomes spotty.
- Must have licensed MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) including Outlook.
Note: An online assessment will also be part of the recruitment process.
Status: Full Time.
Location: Our corporate offices are based in Northern California with a Regional Operating Headquarters (ROHQ) in the Philippines. The E-Commerce Manager is a remote working position in Manila. Team members in the Philippines are ideally located within easy driving distance to Metro Manila for team outings. They have a great working environment at home with at least 5MBPS internet connection speed. Company executives visit the Philippines regularly so team members attend in-person meetings from time to time.