- Redwood City, CA, USA
Balsam Brands is seeking a highly collaborative and talented Creative Director to join our dynamic, growing team. As Creative Director, you will drive a cohesive brand experience across customer touchpoints for our various brands, overseeing creative processes and creative execution.
You will lead our growing Creative Team and our external Creative partners. You will collaborate with cross-functional teammates to meet our company goals. With enthusiasm and an eye towards our future, you will bring strategic perspective and vision to creative campaigns, and act as an advocate and evangelist for customer-focused, innovative and on-brand creative solutions.
What you’ll do
- Develop and champion the creative vision for each brand within our portfolio and their respective campaigns
- Drive creative strategy and deliverables across various customer touchpoints, including eCommerce and retail stores, TV/video advertising, catalog, print and digital advertising, product, and packaging, delivering inspired, efficient designs and creative solutions
- Collaborate as creative partner and brand consultant with our leadership team, internal business leads, marketing team, merchandising team, and outside agencies/partners
- Lead and develop the Creative Team across disciplines (design, copywriting, photo & video, UX, customer research) and locations, promoting creative exploration, innovation, quality standards, and continuous learning in a high-performing, fun environment
- Advocate for creative best practices within the organization, keeping us innovating in ways that delight our customers
What you bring to the table
- 8+ years of creative management and brand leadership experience in an eCommerce company across multiple channels.
- Demonstrated ability to shape consumer-facing brands through a deep understanding of the customers and effective development and execution of creative vision
- Experience evolving (not just launching or transforming) an existing brand
- Experience driving financial performance through a well-executed creative vision
- Experience partnering with UX teams. Direct oversight of UX teams, a plus.
- Ability to listen to and prioritize feedback from internal and external partners, aligning the team in a unified and inspired direction
- Strong project management and strategic process development skills, with the ability to juggle multiple, and sometimes conflicting, priorities and needs
- Excellent visual, verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong presentation ability
- An amazing eye for detail, with the ability to see and understand the big picture
- Proven ability to develop creative skills across different creative disciplines (design, copy, photo and video), including remote teams and enthusiasm for growing and developing team members
- The desire to be a part of, and add to, a unique culture that truly cares about the individuals and teams
About Balsam Brands: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. We love to reimagine eCommerce and retail in ways that thrill our customers, and to leave a lasting impact on the world around us. We have fast-growing teams in the Bay Area, Boise, Manila, and Dublin.
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
- Balsam Brands in Forbes: http://bit.ly/balsamforbes
- Balsam Brands on The Muse: https://www.themuse.com/companies/balsambrands
Location: Redwood City, CA
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits.
Contact: Please submit a cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter a dish that you would like to bring to one of our potlucks.
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.