- Burlingame, CA, USA
Balsam Brands is looking for a talented, fun individual to join our growing team! As our Warehouse Associate, you will be responsible for a wide variety of warehouse activities in our 24,000 square foot facility. Among other things, you will process inbound shipments, test and refurbish returned inventory, and work on inventory management and control to ensure our warehouse is prepared for our seasonal Outlet Store opening in October.
During our retail season, you will help create a positive work environment that ensures customer satisfaction, maximizes productivity, and one’s own personal sales. This is a hybrid role, consisting of two-thirds of the year as a Warehouse Associate and one-third of the year as a Retail Associate.
We are especially excited about candidates who have worked in a return warehouse environment, or have a proven track record of retail success and creating customer-centric shopping experiences!
What you’ll do for our Warehouse:
- Assemble, test, repair, and inventory products
- Manage and coordinate inbound shipments, the orderly stacking and placement of product, and data entry
- Execute cycle counts, physical inventories and ensure the overall accuracy of the inventory stored within the facility
- Take pride in the appearance of the facility; take necessary action to maintain the cleanliness of the warehouse and surrounding area
What you’ll do during our retail season:
- Demonstrate exemplary customer service and selling skills
- Assist with daily store operations and profitability by achieving sales and operating targets
- Accurately complete transactions through the Balsam Hill website and Lightspeed (Point of Sale) systems
- Restock merchandise as needed and perform other daily duties routine to retail
- Communicate relevant customer feedback to Store Manager to help develop and execute strategy to drive sales and build customer loyalty
What you bring to the table:
- 2+ years of experience in a warehouse environment, or 1+ year of retail experience
- Honest, enthusiastic and hard-working approach; willingness to roll up your sleeves and get the job done
- Proactive mindset with proven ability to follow directions and work with minimum supervision
- Demonstrated time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Detail oriented nature and excellent problem solving skills; strong communication and teamwork skills
- Passion for exemplary service, extreme attention to detail, enthusiasm for the holiday season
- Great sales skills; retail sales experience a strong plus
- Ability to utilize, leverage, and translate product training when interacting with customer and completing daily store operational tasks
- Proficiency with iPads, basic computer skills, and basic data entry (data entry very minimal overall)
- Flexibility; willingness to perform other various duties as required
- Forklift certification is a plus
- Preferred: availability during Fridays, weekends, an evening shifts (including Thanksgiving weekend) through Jan. 5, 2020
Physical requirements include:
- Regularly assemble and disassemble Christmas trees and other decorations
- Wrap and package trees into boxes/storage bags and assist in loading items into customers’ vehicles
- Regularly lift and or move items up to forty pounds
- Occasionally lift and/or move items more than forty pounds with the help of other employees
About Balsam Brands: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. We love to reimagine eCommerce and retail in ways that thrill our customers, and to leave a lasting impact on the world around us. We have fast-growing teams in the Bay Area, Boise, Manila, and Dublin.
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
- Balsam Brands in Forbes: http://bit.ly/balsamforbes
- Balsam Brands on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/balsam-brands
Location: Burlingame, CA (San Francisco Bay Area).
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits.
Contact: Please submit cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter a dish that you would like to bring to one of our potlucks.
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.