Jr. Digital Analyst - Manila, PH
- Manila, Metro Manila, Philippines
Balsam Brands is a multi-brand e-Commerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. Based in Silicon Valley, the company operates market-leading website such as www.BalsamHill.com. We strive for excellence in everything we do and have been honored to receive the following awards as a result:
- Forbes: America’s Best Small Companies (2016)
- Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- San Francisco Business Times: Fast 100 – Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: 75 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
The company’s outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Balsam International is our Regional Operating Headquarters in the Philippines functioning remotely with a team of hard-working, passionate professionals who contribute significantly to the company’s success. The team in the Philippines enjoy full employee benefits including mandatories (SSS, PAG-IBIG, PhilHealth), 13th month pay, healthcare coverage + 2 dependents, internet subsidy (after regularization), holiday breaks, meal subsidies, company trips and other perks on top of the work-from-home setup.Jr. Digital Analyst
The Junior Digital Analyst is responsible for the maintenance and day to day operations of our analytics tools, for supporting deep-dives with specific online marketing requests, and development of new insightful reports. The Junior Digital Analyst has a strong eye for detail, and prior experience in Microsoft Excel and Google Analytics is a plus. The Junior Digital Analyst is someone who loves playing with data, considers Excel fun, bar and line charts as art, and is quick to react when minor issues affect the process of data analysis. In addition to this, he/she will drill down in Google Analytics, find something noteworthy and add that to their list of things to analyze with enthusiasm.
The Junior Digital Analyst has excellent English communication skills (written and verbal), comfortable engaging in frequent communication, providing the marketing teams with reports and insights, asking probing questions, receiving feedback, training, and learning new tools remotely. This person is a key player in maintaining our analytics systems and processes.
• Analyze website performance and support Ecommerce to make better business decisions and deliver the highest level of customer experience.
• Collect, interpret and analyze product sales data to find opportunities and help improve web merchandising and product assortment.
• Develop and maintain dashboards, reports, and presentations to key stakeholders in an accurate and timely manner.
• Maintain and improve various analytics systems and processes.
• Adapt, develop and expand skills as new and advanced solutions are introduced.
• Support other functions through Ad Hoc analysis.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Business Administration, or Accounting are highly preferred.
• Entry level applicants are welcome, or 1-3 years of work experience on relevant role is required (competitive salary based on qualifications).
• Has strong knowledge, understanding, or experience of the fundamentals of analytics in any industry.
• Analyze and interpret results using standard statistical tools and techniques.
• Pinpoint trends, correlations and patterns in complicated data sets.
• Provide concise data reports and clear data visualizations for management.
• Unquestionable attention to detail and delivers error-free work on a consistent basis.
• Experience using Google Analytics and general understanding of the Ecommerce Retail environment is a plus.
• Proficiency in Office 365 stack (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, SharePoint, PowerBI) is a plus.
• Excellent communication skills - fluency in written and spoken English.
• Ability to work independently.
• Willingness to learn new tools quickly.
• Comfortable working through tasks via electronic means: email and chat.
• Must live within Metro Manila, Cavite, Rizal, Bulacan or certain parts of Laguna only (Biñan, Cabuyao, Calamba, Los Baños, San Pedro and Santa Rosa).
• Must be willing to join occasional in-person meetings.
• Must have a dedicated, functional laptop that meets the following specifications:
For Windows users:
• OS Windows 7 – 64 bit or higher
• Processor: Intel Core i3 or better
• RAM/Memory: 4GB or higher
• Hard Drive: 500GB or higher
For MAC users:
• Processor: 2GHz Intel Core i5
• Memory: 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
• Start-up Disk Macintosh HD
• Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536MB
• Must have a back-up laptop or desktop for use, if primary laptop encounters issues.
• Must have a fast, reliable DSL, Fiber or Broadband connection (not mobile or broadband stick) as the primary internet connection with a minimum actual speed of 5MBPS.
• Must have a back-up internet connection of the same speed, if primary connection becomes spotty.
• Must have licensed MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) including Outlook.
Note: An online assessment will also be part of the recruitment process.
Status: Full Time.
Location: Our corporate offices are based in Northern California with a Regional Operating Headquarters (ROHQ) in the Philippines. The Web Jr. Digital Analyst is a remote working position in Manila. Team members in the Philippines are ideally located within easy driving distance to Metro Manila for team outings. They have a great working environment at home with at least 5MBPS internet connection speed. Company executives visit the Philippines regularly so team members attend in-person meetings from time to time.