Customer Success Data Analyst - Manila, PH
- Manila, Metro Manila, Philippines
Balsam Brands is a multi-brand e-Commerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. Based in Silicon Valley, the company operates market-leading website such as www.BalsamHill.com. strive for excellence in everything we do and have been honored to receive the following awards as a result:
- Forbes: America’s Best Small Companies (2016)
- Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- San Francisco Business Times: Fast 100 – Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: 75 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
The company’s outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Balsam Brands is looking for a Customer Success Data Analyst to pull, organize and analyze data for the Customer Service group. He/She will have a passion for turning data into information, information into insight and insight into actionable business decisions that will positively impact Balsam Brands. He/She is accountable for checking and reconciling all the data culled from various sites and across brands and producing reports to reflect varying levels of detail.
- Primary duty will focus on creating systems and/or tools for data and performance tracking.
- Ensuring all reports are processed as required and in a timely manner.
- Checking accuracy of all reports by reviewing, troubleshooting and if needed, reporting data disputes in the reports.
- Following routine procedures and systematically working through various file management system.
- Assisting with several cross-functional departments but work mainly with the Operations and Customer Service teams.
- Other tasks and projects as directed.
- Highly skilled in MS Office applications, especially Excel and Powerpoint - should have extensive knowledge of charts, graphs, statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing large datasets and translating it into presentations for easier understanding of the data
- Proactive communication and the ability to convey information effectively and appropriately for the needs of the audience (ask questions, gives feedback, clarifies potential issues, etc.). Exceptional written communication skill is a must.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once, work with both qualitative and quantitative information, think creatively and have fun while working as part of the team.
- Possesses strong process skills with particular attention to detail.
- Eagerness to take initiative (self-starter) and perform above expectations.
- Must be a fast learner, can work under pressure and adhere to guidelines.
- Comfortable working through a task via electronic means (email, Slack, Zoom).
- Minimum of 1-year relevant work experience with operations, logistics, fulfilment or distribution is a plus but not required.
- Experience with an e-Commerce company and/or cloud computing is a plus, but not required.
- Experience working remotely is a plus.
- Must live within Metro Manila, Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna, Pampanga and Rizal areas only.
- Must be willing to receive a 3-day paid in-person training (will take place in September 23-25, 2019) in Ortigas and other in-person training/meetings when necessary.
- Must have a dedicated, functional laptop (for in-person training) or desktop that meets the following specifications:
For Windows users:
- OS Windows 7 – 64 bit or higher
- Processor: Intel or AMD Dual Core with 2.0 GHZ up, Intel Core i5 or better
- Working MS Office 365 or any version
- RAM/Memory: 8GB or higher
- Storage: 128 SSD or 250GB HDD or higher
For Mac users:
- Processor: Intel Core i3/i5/M series
- Updated Mac OS
- Working MS Office 365 or any version
- Memory: 8GB or higher
- Storage: 128GB or higher for SSD, 250GB+ for HDD
- Must have a back-up laptop or desktop for use, if primary laptop encounters issues.
- Must have a fast, reliable DSL, Fiber or Broadband connection (not mobile or broadband stick) as the primary internet connection with a minimum actual speed of 5MBPS. Proof of subscription will be required.
- Must have a back-up internet connection of the same speed, if primary connection becomes spotty. (Pocket Wi-Fi and Mobile hotspot with at least 5 Mbps)
- Must have contingency plans in the event of any power outage or related circumstances.
- Must be willing and able to work mostly on the graveyard shift, shifting schedules or a fixed schedule and amenable to changes in work schedules depending on business needs. Shift adjustment requests will not be accommodated.
Must not have any planned trips or long vacations between September 2019 to January 2020, especially during the holidays.
Note: Online assessments will also be part of the recruitment process.
Status: This is a contractual, home-based job that requires a scheduled eight (8) hours of full-time, dedicated work daily, five days a week. Paid overtime may be required. The contract is until January 17, 2020, if performance is up to standard.
Location: Our corporate offices are based in Northern California with a Regional Operating Headquarters (ROHQ) in the Philippines. The Customer Success Data Analyst is a remote working position in Manila. Team members in the Philippines are ideally located within easy driving distance to Metro Manila for occasional team meetings and trainings. They have a great working environment at home with at least 5MBPS internet connection speed. Company executives visit the Philippines regularly so team members attend in-person meetings from time to time.