Customer Loyalty Specialist (Fluent in German) - Manila, PH
- Manila, Metro Manila, Philippines
Balsam Brands is a multi-brand e-Commerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. Based in Silicon Valley, the company operates market-leading website such as www.BalsamHill.com. strive for excellence in everything we do and have been honored to receive the following awards as a result:
- Forbes: America’s Best Small Companies (2016)
- Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- San Francisco Business Times: Fast 100 – Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: 75 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
The company’s outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Balsam Brands is looking for a multi-lingual Customer Loyalty Specialist (CLS) fluent in written German to join our seasonal Customer Success Team in the Philippines. He/She will work closely with the Customer Success International Team to deliver excellent customer service through email and/or live chat support. He/She will be responsible for ensuring that customers concerns are processed, addressed and resolved across different brands in a timely and delightful manner. Our ideal candidate must have excellent written German and English skills, strong customer service orientation, exemplary problem-solving skills, and a fast, proactive learner’s attitude. He/She will report to the International Brands’ Customer Success Lead.
What you'll be doing:
- Deliver excellent and delightful customer service through email and live chat support for our German brand by meeting various Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Communicate with various colleagues and supervisors across geographies.
- Understand company policies and procedures and know when to escalate and de-escalate customer service related issues.
- Ensure that all cases are updated in a timely manner as required.
- Ability to provide feedback in brand localization projects.
- Deliver ad-hoc tasks and projects assigned by the Loyalty Supervisor.
What you bring to the table:
- College level.
- At least one (1) year relevant work experience in Customer Service, writing, corporate communications or business correspondence for a German company.
- Excellent written German and English communication skills with strong analytical and problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Should be familiar with the German culture and able to write straight German email templates/responses without using any translation tool.
- Passion to provide delightful customer service.
- Comfortable in working remotely using CRM and online communication tools.
- Basic knowledge in MS Office programs, particularly in MS Excel. Must be able to present and understand information in various documents and spreadsheets.
- Must live within Metro Manila, Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna, Pampanga and Rizal areas only.
- Must be willing to receive a 3-day paid in-person training (will take place in September 30-October 2, 2019) in Ortigas and other in-person training/meetings when necessary.
- Must have a dedicated, functional laptop that meets the following specifications:
For Windows users:
- OS: Windows 7 – 64 bit or higher
- Processor: Intel or AMD Dual Core with 2.0 GHZ up, Intel Core i3 or better
- Working MS Office 365 or any version
- RAM/Memory: 4GB or higher
- Storage: 128 SSD or 250GB HDD or higher
For Mac users:
- Processor: Intel Core i3/i5/M series
- Updated Mac OS
- Working MS Office 365 or any version
- Memory: 4GB or higher
- Storage: 128GB or higher for SSD, 250GB+ for HDD
- Must have a back-up laptop or desktop for use, if primary laptop encounters issues.
- Must have a fast, reliable DSL, Fiber or Broadband connection (not mobile or broadband stick) as the primary internet connection with a minimum actual speed of 5MBPS. Proof of subscription will be required.
- Must have a back-up internet connection of the same speed, if primary connection becomes spotty. (Pocket Wi-Fi and Mobile hotspot with at least 5MBPS).
- Must have contingency plans in the event of any power outage or related circumstances.
- Must be willing and able to work mostly on the graveyard shift, shifting schedules or a fixed schedule and amenable to changes in work schedules depending on business needs. Shift adjustment requests will not be accommodated.
- Must not have any planned trips or long vacations between September to December 2019 especially during the holidays.
Note: Online assessments will also be part of the recruitment process.
Status: This is a contractual, home-based job that requires a scheduled eight (8) hours of full-time, dedicated work daily, five days a week. Paid overtime may be required. If performance is up to standard, the contract will be effective from September 30 to December 27, 2019.
Location: Our corporate offices are based in Northern California with a Regional Operating Headquarters (ROHQ) in the Philippines. The Customer Loyalty Specialist (Fluent in German) is a remote working position in Manila. Team members in the Philippines are ideally located within easy driving distance to Metro Manila for team outings. They have a great working environment at home with at least 5 MBPS internet connection speed. Company executives visit the Philippines regularly, so team members attend in-person meetings from time to time.