Operations Data Coordinator - Manila, PH
- Manila, NCR, Philippines
Balsam Brands is a multi-brand e-Commerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. Based in Silicon Valley, the company operates market-leading website such as www.BalsamHill.com. We strive for excellence in everything we do and have been honored to receive the following awards as a result:
- Forbes: America’s Best Small Companies (2016)
- Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- San Francisco Business Times: Fast 100 – Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: 75 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
The company’s outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Balsam International is our Regional Operating Headquarters in the Philippines functioning remotely with a team of hard-working, passionate professionals who contribute significantly to the company’s success. The team in the Philippines enjoy full employee benefits including mandatories (SSS, PAG-IBIG, PhilHealth), 13th month pay, healthcare coverage + 2 dependents, internet subsidy (after regularization), holiday breaks, meal subsidies, company trips and other perks on top of the work-from-home setup.
Balsam Brands is looking for an Operations Data Coordinator who will be responsible in communicating on a daily basis with our Logistics team and warehouses to ensure orders are pulled from our e-Commerce-based platforms and processed in a timely manner according to set guidelines. He/She will be accountable for checking and reconciling inventory across brands and producing reports to reflect varying levels of detail.
What you'll be doing:
- Ensures all sites and marketplace orders are processed as required.
- Verifies that orders ship on-time daily from all warehouse partners.
- Checks inventory levels.
- Reconciles stock levels and produces summary reports as needed.
- Follows routine procedures and systematically works through our file management system.
- Corresponds with warehouses as necessary to investigate errors and troubleshoots irregularities.
- Handles issues involving day-to-day liaison with the Logistics team and warehouses.
- Being a logistics primary point of contact for all Customer Service teams.
- Review high-risk orders for fraud.
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience with Operations, Logistics, Fulfillment or Distribution is a plus but not required.
- Experience working with an e-Commerce company and/or cloud computing is a plus, but not required.
- Strong communication skills, works in team effectively, manages work and deliver results.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to guidelines.
- Possesses strong process skills with particular attention to details.
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot and identify issues/solutions.
- Ability to communicate well through a task, clarifying potential issues before they arise so they can be worked through effectively.
- Excited to learn and take on more responsibility.
- Proficient and comfortable with technology, especially MS Excel.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively.
- Willingness to ask questions, troubleshoot and obtain clarification when needed.
- Experience working remotely is a plus!
- Comfortable in working through a task via electronic means (email, chat and task management applications).
- Must live within Metro Manila, Bulacan, Cavite and Rizal areas only.
- Must be willing to receive 1-day paid in-person training (will take place in October 2019) in Ortigas and other in-person training/meetings when necessary.
- Must have a dedicated, functional laptop that meets the following specifications:
For Windows users:
- OS: Windows 7 - 64 bit or higher
- Processor: Intel or AMD Dual Core with 2.0 GHz up, Intel Core i3 or better
- Working MS Office 365 or any version
- RAM/Memory: 4GB or higher
- Storage: 128 SSD or 250GB HDD or higher
For Mac users:
- Processor: Intel Core i3/i5/M series
- Updated Mac OS
- Working MS Office 365 or any version
- Memory: 4GB or higher
- Storage: 128GB or higher for SSD, 250GB+ for HDD
- Must have a back-up laptop or desktop for use, if primary laptop encounters issues.
- Must have a fast, reliable DSL, Fiber or Broadband connection (not mobile or broadband stick) as the primary internet connection with a minimum actual speed of 5MBPS. Proof of subscription will be required.
- Must have a back-up internet connection of the same speed, if primary connection becomes spotty. (Pocket Wi-Fi and Mobile hotspot with at least 5MBPS).
- Must have contingency plans in the event of any power outage or related circumstances.
- Must be willing and able to work mostly on the graveyard shift, shifting schedules or a fixed schedule and amenable to changes in work schedules depending on business needs. Shift adjustment requests will not be accommodated.
- Must not have any planned trips or long vacations between September 2019 to February 2020.
Note: An online assessment will also be part of the recruitment process.
Status: This is a contractual, home-based job that requires a scheduled eight (8) hours of full-time, dedicated work daily, five days a week. Paid overtime may be required. If performance is up to standard, the contract will be effective from September 2019 to February 2020.
Location: Our corporate offices are based in Northern California with a Regional Operating Headquarters (ROHQ) in the Philippines. The Operations Data Coordinator is a remote working position in Manila. Team members in the Philippines are ideally located within easy driving distance to Metro Manila for team outings. They have a great working environment at home with at least 5MBPS internet connection speed. Company executives visit the Philippines regularly so team members attend in-person meetings from time to time.