Assistant Retail Store Manager (Temporary)
- Burlingame, CA, USA
Balsam Brands is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced individual to assist the Store Manager with running our seasonal Burlingame Outlet Store through January of 2020! In this role, you will have the opportunity to help ensure our customers experience the magic of Balsam Hill in our inspired holiday setting.
As our Assistant Store Manager, you will help create a positive work environment that ensures customer satisfaction, maximized productivity, and coach/develop team members to achieve their sales goals. From assisting in managing store associates, to operations, inventory management, merchandising and customer engagement, you will help oversee the daily operations of our Burlingame Outlet Store. We are especially excited about candidates who have a proven track record of retail success and creating customer-centric shopping experiences!
- Communicate openly to create an environment where all associates are treated fairly and with dignity and respect
- Protect company assets and minimize loss by ensuring all store standards and operating procedures are met including, workplace safety, risk management, merchandise management, and loss prevention
- Assist manager in sourcing, interviewing, hiring, and training staff
Off-Season Responsibilities (prior to 10.1.19):
- Assist with daily warehouse operations, including general cleanliness/organization, delivery scheduling, team’s task load, and team short and long-term assignments
- Help develop processes of working through truck containers that arrive for Outlet in a reasonable amount of time, preparing the warehouse for additional containers
- Work side-by-side with the team to prepare stores inventory prior to the Outlet’s October opening.
- Help prioritize tasks for the team, weighing out what is more important than the other for that day
- Reprioritize any tasks that needed to be pushed
- Communicate relevant information to Store Manager to assist in short and long term planning and organization for the warehouse
- Assist Store Manager in interviewing, hiring, on-boarding, and training process in preparation of store opening in October
- Assist Manager in off-season task planning both long and short term to ensure the warehouse and store are ready to open in October for the season
- Assist cross-functional teams with product requests from inventory in the Outlet
- Hold team accountable for meeting monthly deadlines including, receiving inventory, testing, inventorying new products as well as pulling products for cross-functional team when requested
- Assist with daily store operations and profitability by achieving sales and operating targets
- Help develop and inspire a top-performing store team who drive daily dales and exceed customer expectations
- Hold team accountable for upholding brand values, standards and policies during Management on Duty (MOD) shifts
- Communicate relevant customer feedback to Store Manager to help develop and execute strategies to drive sales and build customer loyalty
- Demonstrate exemplary customer service and selling skills
- Ensure timely execution of short and long term retail strategy and action plans, including implementing merchandising plans and displaying promotional signage and materials
What You Bring to the Table:
- Passion for exemplary service, extreme attention to detail, enthusiasm for the holiday season
- Experience managing retail store operations with a proven retail sales record
- Honest, enthusiastic and hard-working, not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get the job done
- Demonstrated excellent time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Demonstrated conflict management and resolution skills
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Flexible and able to perform other various duties as required
- Ability to be mobile on the sales floor or warehouse floor for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift and mobilize medium to large items, up to 40 lb., while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques
About Balsam Brands: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. We love to reimagine eCommerce and retail in ways that thrill our customers, and to leave a lasting impact on the world around us. We have fast-growing teams in the Bay Area, Boise, Manila, and Dublin.
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
- Balsam Brands in Forbes: http://bit.ly/balsamforbes
- Balsam Brands on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/balsam-brands/
Location: Burlingame, California
Notes: This is a temporary position through January of 2020.
Contact: Please submit a cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter a dish that you would like to bring to one of our potlucks.
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.