Senior Loyalty Specialist - Manila, PH
- Manila, NCR, Philippines
Balsam Brands is a multi-brand e-Commerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. Based in Silicon Valley, the company operates market-leading website such as www.BalsamHill.com. strive for excellence in everything we do and have been honored to receive the following awards as a result:
- Forbes: America’s Best Small Companies (2016)
- Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- San Francisco Business Times: Fast 100 – Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: 75 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
The company’s outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Balsam Brands is looking for Senior Loyalty Specialists (SLS) to join our seasonal Customer Success Team in the Philippines. They will closely work with the Customer Success Team to deliver excellent customer service primarily through quality audits, real-time coaching and agent support. Our ideal candidates must have passion for excellence, strong quality orientation, keen attention to detail, excellent English communication skills, positive attitude, strong analytical capabilities, and a fast, proactive learner’s attitude. They will report to the Brand and QA Leads.
What you'll be doing:
- Uphold the company’s Quality Program by ensuring that our teams meet the established standards of quality through regular audits, coaching, calibrations and by meeting various Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Evaluate at least 50 emails and live chat cases on a weekly basis while supporting a team of 9-10 members.
- Participate in planning for training and nesting period, as necessary and help senior team members facilitate in training if needed.
- May require attending in-person trainings.
- Help drive individual and team performance through real-time virtual support, constant feedback to meet and exceed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Recommend and update resources that will assist Customer Loyalty Specialists (CLSs) in delivering accurate resolutions.
- Effectively handle customer service emails and live chats by representing the brand and its values to meet Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Complete quality reports and other reportorial requirements accurately and within the specified timelines.
- Lead team calibration sessions.
- Handle support queues to ensure that cases are addressed and/or endorsed to appropriate groups in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- Communicate with colleagues, leads, managers and other departments to ensure customer issues are resolved appropriately, operations are running smoothly, complies with quality standards and address behavioral patterns as necessary.
- Understand company policies and procedures, knows when to escalate and de-escalate customer service-related concerns, and cascades in operational changes in-season.
- Ensure accurate and real-time updates of cases in the back-end system as required.
- Attend or conduct various meetings and/or calibrations, as scheduled and as needed.
- Deliver ad-hoc tasks and projects assigned.
What you bring to the table:
- At least two (2) years of College Education.
- At least one (1) year relevant work experience in Customer Service, writing, corporate communications or business correspondence.
- Background in customer service environment is highly preferred.
- Excellent command of the English language is required, including grammatical accuracy.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Comfortable in working remotely using CRM and online communication tools.
- Basic knowledge in MS Office programs. Must be able to present and understand information in various documents and spreadsheets.
- Ability to think creatively in solving problems and making judgment calls when necessary.
- Ability to identify potential issues before they arise.
- Excellent time and people management skills to prioritize daily work in a fast-paced environment.
- Assures confidentiality and security of all company files and information.
- Ability to learn quickly, multi-task and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to coach and mentor Customer Loyalty Specialists (CLSs) as well as receiving feedback constructively and incorporate into his/her work.
- Experience with an e-Commerce company is a plus, but not required.
- Experience in working remotely and conducting quality evaluations is a plus.
- Must live within Metro Manila, Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna, Pampanga and Rizal areas only.
- Must be willing to receive a 5-day paid in-person training (will take place in September 2-6, 2019) in Ortigas and other in-person training/meetings when necessary.
- Must have a dedicated, functional laptop that meets the following specifications:
For Windows users:
- OS: Windows 7 – 64 bit or higher
- Processor: Intel or AMD Dual Core with 2.0 GHZ up, Intel Core i3 or better
- Working MS Office 365 or any version
- RAM/Memory: 4GB or higher
- Storage: 128 SSD or 250GB HDD or higher
For Mac users:
- Processor: Intel Core i3/i5/M series
- Updated Mac OS
- Working MS Office 365 or any version
- Memory: 4GB or higher
- Storage: 128GB or higher for SSD, 250GB+ for HDD
- Must have a back-up laptop or desktop for use, if primary laptop encounters issues.
- Must have a fast, reliable DSL, Fiber or Broadband connection (not mobile or broadband stick) as the primary internet connection with a minimum actual speed of 5MBPS. Proof of subscription will be required.
- Must have a back-up internet connection of the same speed, if primary connection becomes spotty. (Pocket Wi-Fi and Mobile hotspot with at least 5MBPS).
- Must have contingency plans in the event of any power outage or related circumstances.
- Must be willing and able to work mostly on the graveyard shift, shifting schedules or a fixed schedule and amenable to changes in work schedules depending on business needs. Shift adjustment requests will not be accommodated.
- Must not have any planned trips or long vacations between September 2019 to January 2020 especially during the holidays.
Note: Online assessments will also be part of the recruitment process.
Status: This is a contractual, home-based job that requires a scheduled eight (8) hours of full-time, dedicated work daily, five days a week. Paid overtime may be required. If performance is up to standard, the contract will be effective from September 2, 2019 to January 17, 2020.
Location: Our corporate offices are based in Northern California with a Regional Operating Headquarters (ROHQ) in the Philippines. The Senior Loyalty Specialist is a remote working position in Manila. Team members in the Philippines are ideally located within easy driving distance to Metro Manila for team outings. They have a great working environment at home with at least 5 MBPS internet connection speed. Company executives visit the Philippines regularly, so team members attend in-person meetings from time to time.