User Interface (UI) Designer
- Boise, ID, USA
Are you a detail-oriented UI Designer who can produce pixel-perfect designs, loves to communicate with your teammates, and is accountable for your work on a daily basis? If so, we are looking for you to join and add to our fun, dynamic team! As our UI Designer, you will work closely with our creative and eCommerce teams to ensure our websites do an outstanding job of communicating our brands and products to our shoppers. You will get the chance to understand our customer and the business, collaborating with teammates and working independently to own and deliver UI priorities and projects!
Our UI Designer will report to our Senior UI Designer.
What you’ll do:
- Understand our brand, products and users to produce high quality designs in accordance to brand guidelines
- Collaborate with user experience designers to turn wireframes and concepts into compelling, beautifully-crafted experiences
- Design icons and graphic assets for use across various digital channels
- Provide final UI designs with specifications for developers
- Follow and update our style guides and pattern libraries, and ensure consistent implementation
- Understand customer goals, business requirements and technical constraints to work within project parameters
- Effective at brainstorming, sketching and mocking up multiple visual ideas to satisfy design requirements
- Manage multiple priorities/projects under tight deadlines, working independently and/or with the design team
- Be able to articulate design decisions
What you bring to the table:
**Please submit an online portfolio with your application that reflects your experience, specifying which work was created 100% by you vs. by a team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Web/Graphic Design, or have equivalent work experience
- 2+ years’ experience in a design-related field
- An online portfolio (please specify which work was created 100% by you vs. by a team)
- Passion for design (typography, color and grid layouts)
- Knowledge of mobile design standards and familiarity with responsive design best practices
- User-centered approach to design
- Proficient in Sketch, Photoshop and Illustrator with the ability to produce organized files with sensible layer structures and naming
- Competency with HTML and CSS
- Impeccable eye for detail and consistency
- Ability to respond effectively and appropriately to creative feedback and constructive criticism
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to have fun at work!
About Balsam Brands: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. We love to reimagine eCommerce and retail in ways that thrill our customers, and to leave a lasting impact on the world around us. We have fast-growing teams in the Bay Area, Boise, Manila, and Dublin.
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
- Balsam Brands in Forbes: http://bit.ly/balsamforbes
- Balsam Brands on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/balsam-brands/
Location: Boise, ID
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits.
Contact: Please submit your online portfolio, a cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter a dish that you would like to bring to one of our potlucks.
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.