Photography Retoucher Consultant
- Manila, Metro Manila, Philippines
Balsam Brands is looking for a proactive Photography Retoucher Consultant to join our growing eCommerce company. This position will be an integral role in our growing media team. As Photography Retoucher Consultant, you will be assisting in on-going retouching projects and digital asset management and workflow. You will help to maintain a high level of quality across all digital and print photography assets.
What you’ll do:
Ensure the highest-quality product photography on all of our eCommerce websites by:
- Retouching photography assets for Digital and Print needs which include complex digital compositing, color correcting, liquifying, etc.
- Work with the Lead Photo Editor and Media Team on maintaining a fast-paced and strict retouching schedule to keep digital asset delivery on time.
- Assist in organizational needs which include inputting metadata/keywords, working within templates, specific cropping, resizing, and exporting for cross-functional sharing.
- Uploading imagery to the digital asset management tool, including inputting metadata and tagging information. With time, should be able to troubleshoot missing/incorrect website imagery.
What you bring to the table:
*Please submit a cover letter, resume, and portfolio. Your portfolio should include ‘before and after’ retouching examples of product. Please include in your cover letter your favorite restaurant or food.
- 1+ years of photo retouching experience.
- Must be experienced with Photoshop and Lightroom Classic.
- Excellent communication skills to work with a variety of people from creatives to production teams.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to organize a large amount of incoming and outgoing digital files, and ability to multi-task.
- Prior experience with lifestyle/in-environment product photography desired.
- Comfortable in working through a task via electronic means (email, chat and task management applications).
- Processor: 2GHz Intel Core i5
- Memory: 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3
- Start-up Disk Macintosh HD
- Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536MB
- Applications: Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom and Creative Cloud
- Must live within Metro Manila, Cavite, Rizal, Bulacan or certain parts of Laguna only (Biñan, Cabuyao, Calamba, Los Baños, San Pedro and Santa Rosa).
- Must be willing to join occasional in-person meetings.
- Must have access to a back-up laptop or desktop for use, if primary laptop encounters issues.
- Must have a fast, reliable DSL, Fiber or Broadband connection (not mobile or broadband stick) as the primary internet connection with a minimum actual speed of 15MBPS.
- Must have access to a back-up internet connection of the same speed, if primary connection becomes spotty.
- Must have licensed MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) including Outlook.
Note: An online assessment will be conducted.
Status: This is a consultant role which starts on August 25, 2019 to August 25, 2020.
About Balsam Brands: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. We love to reimagine eCommerce and retail in ways that thrill our customers, and to leave a lasting impact on the world around us. We have fast-growing teams in the Bay Area, Boise, Manila, and Dublin.
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
- Balsam Brands in Forbes: http://bit.ly/balsamforbes
- Balsam Brands on The Muse: https://www.themuse.com/companies/balsambrands
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.