Jr. Software Quality Analyst - Manila, PH
- Manila, Metro Manila, Philippines
Balsam Brands is a multi-brand e-Commerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. Based in Silicon Valley, the company operates market-leading website such as www.BalsamHill.com. We strive for excellence in everything we do and have been honored to receive the following awards as a result:
• Forbes: America’s Best Small Companies (2016)
• Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
• San Francisco Business Times: Fast 100 – Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
• Silicon Valley Business Journal: 75 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
The company’s outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Balsam International is our Regional Operating Headquarters in the Philippines functioning remotely with a team of hard-working, passionate professionals who contribute significantly to the company’s success. The team in the Philippines enjoy full employee benefits including mandatories (SSS, PAG-IBIG, PhilHealth), 13th month pay, healthcare coverage + 2 dependents, internet subsidy (after regularization), holiday breaks, meal subsidies, company trips and other perks on top of the work-from-home setup.
Balsam International is looking for a Jr. Software Quality Analyst who will be responsible for supporting the QA team in releasing a quality, bug-free product. He/She will contribute in writing BDD test cases as well as executing them, defect management, test planning and estimations while working closely with cross functional teams to improve the overall quality of our products.
• Write and execute BDD test cases
• Find defects and document test execution reports
• Create test plans and strategies that would fit in an Agile environment
• Work closely with a QA Manager to define and implement QA standards and best practices
• Collaborate remotely with cross functional teams in the US, Philippines and India
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant industry experience
• At least 1 year of relevant experience in Software Quality Assurance
• Able to work both independently and within teams
• Committed to delivering quality work on-time and up to standards
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills
• Experience working in an Agile environment
• Fluent in English language. Excellent written English is required
• Comfortable in working through a task via electronic means (email, chat and task management applications)
Nice to haves:
• Experience working in an eCommerce platform or company
• Experience in JIRA
• Experience in Java Programming
• Experience in Selenium
• Experience with Cucumber
• Experience with TestNG
• Experience with API automation or RESTful web services
- Must live within Metro Manila, Cavite, Rizal, Bulacan or certain parts of Laguna only (Biñan, Cabuyao, Calamba, Los Baños, San Pedro and Santa Rosa)
- Must be willing to join occasional in-person meetings
- Must have a dedicated, functional laptop that meets the following specifications:
For Windows users:
- OS Windows 7 – 64 bit or higher
- Processor: Intel Core i3 or better
- RAM/Memory: 4GB or higher
- Hard Drive: 500GB or higher
For MAC users:
- Processor: 2GHz Intel Core i5
- Memory: 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
- Start-up Disk Macintosh HD
- Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536MB
- Must have a back-up laptop or desktop for use, if primary laptop encounters issues
- Must have a fast, reliable DSL, Fiber or Broadband connection (not mobile or broadband stick) as the primary internet connection with a minimum actual speed of 5MBPS
- Must have a back-up internet connection of the same speed, if primary connection becomes spotty
- Must have licensed MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) including Outlook.
Note: An online assessment will also be part of the recruitment process.
Status: Full Time.
Location: Our corporate offices are based in Northern California with a Regional Operating Headquarters (ROHQ) in the Philippines. The Jr. Software Quality Analyst is a remote working position in Manila. Team members in the Philippines are ideally located within easy driving distance to Metro Manila for occasional team meetings and trainings. They have a great working environment at home with at least 5MBPS internet connection speed. Company executives visit the Philippines regularly so team members attend in-person meetings from time to time.