Test Automation Engineer - Manila, PH
- Manila, Metro Manila, Philippines
Balsam Brands is a multi-brand e-Commerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. Based in Silicon Valley, the company operates market-leading website such as www.BalsamHill.com. We strive for excellence in everything we do and have been honored to receive the following awards as a result:
• Forbes: America’s Best Small Companies (2016)
• Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
• San Francisco Business Times: Fast 100 – Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
• Silicon Valley Business Journal: 75 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
The company’s outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Balsam International is our Regional Operating Headquarters in the Philippines functioning remotely with a team of hard-working, passionate professionals who contribute significantly to the company’s success. The team in the Philippines enjoy full employee benefits including mandatories (SSS, PAG-IBIG, PhilHealth), 13th month pay, healthcare coverage + 2 dependents, internet subsidy (after regularization), holiday breaks, meal subsidies, company trips and other perks on top of the work-from-home setup.
Balsam International is looking for a Test Automation Engineer who will be responsible for supporting the QA team in releasing a quality bug free product. He/She will assist in maintaining the automation framework, write test cases and automated tests using Java, Selenium WebDriver and Cucumber while working closely with cross functional teams to improve the overall quality of our products.
- Help maintain and improve current automation framework
- Help develop and execute automated test suites for an eCommerce platform
- Work closely with a QA Manager to define and implement QA standards and best practices
- Create test plans and strategies that would fit in an Agile environment
- Write and execute BDD test cases
- Collaborate remotely with cross functional teams in the US, Philippines and India
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant industry experience
- At least 3 years experience in Software Quality Assurance
- At least 2 years experience with hands-on Java programming
- At least 2 years experience with Selenium WebDriver
- Experience using Git or any related version-control system
- Fluent in English language. Excellent written English is required
- Comfortable in working through a task via electronic means (email, chat and task management applications)
Nice to haves:
- Experience with TestNG
- Experience with Cucumber
- Experience with Maven or any related frameworks
- Experience using Jenkins or any related CI/CD platform
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with API automation or RESTful web services
- Experience in Performance Testing
- Experience in JIRA
- Must live within Metro Manila, Cavite, Rizal, Bulacan or certain parts of Laguna only (Biñan, Cabuyao, Calamba, Los Baños, San Pedro and Santa Rosa)
- Must be willing to join occasional in-person meetings
- Must have a dedicated, functional laptop that meets the following specifications:
For Windows users:
- OS Windows 7 – 64 bit or higher
- Processor: Intel Core i3 or better
- RAM/Memory: 4GB or higher
- Hard Drive: 500GB or higher
For MAC users:
- Processor: 2GHz Intel Core i5
- Memory: 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
- Start-up Disk Macintosh HD
- Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536MB
- Must have a back-up laptop or desktop for use, if primary laptop encounters issues
- Must have a fast, reliable DSL, Fiber or Broadband connection (not mobile or broadband stick) as the primary internet connection with a minimum actual speed of 5MBPS
- Must have a back-up internet connection of the same speed, if primary connection becomes spotty
- Must have licensed MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) including Outlook.
Note: An online assessment will also be part of the recruitment process.
Status: Full Time.
Location: Our corporate offices are based in Northern California with a Regional Operating Headquarters (ROHQ) in the Philippines. The Test Automation Engineer is a remote working position in Manila. Team members in the Philippines are ideally located within easy driving distance to Metro Manila for occasional team meetings and trainings. They have a great working environment at home with at least 5MBPS internet connection speed. Company executives visit the Philippines regularly so team members attend in-person meetings from time to time.