eCommerce Specialist - Manila, PH
- Manila, Metro Manila, Philippines
Balsam Brands is a multi-brand e-Commerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. Based in Silicon Valley, the company operates market-leading website such as www.BalsamHill.com. We strive for excellence in everything we do and have been honored to receive the following awards as a result:
- Forbes: America’s Best Small Companies (2016)
- Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- San Francisco Business Times: Fast 100 – Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: 75 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
The company’s outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Balsam International is our Regional Operating Headquarters in the Philippines functioning remotely with a team of hard-working, passionate professionals who contribute significantly to the company’s success. The team in the Philippines enjoy full employee benefits including mandatories (SSS, PAG-IBIG, PhilHealth), 13th month pay, healthcare coverage + 2 dependents, internet subsidy (after regularization), holiday breaks, meal subsidies, company trips and other perks on top of the work-from-home setup.
The eCommerce Specialist will be essential in maintaining and improving our portfolio of eCommerce websites. S/he will support the site management team in creating and maintaining website content, launching new products and categories, and championing our website operations processes. S/he will collaborate with the eCommerce team and cross-functional teams, both in the Philippines and overseas.
- Maintain website content to ensure information accuracy and engage shopper interests
- Help launch new products on our websites, which involves merchandising new products, creating or updating product categories, and meeting product launch deadlines
- Execute various website operations processes, including website maintenance requests, and coupon code creation
- Update visual assets on the website
- Organize and maintain data in various systems
- Work with cross-functional teams to implement website changes
- Conduct routine audit and QA to make sure website is working as expected
- Become the expert user of our eCommerce platform
- Participate in process improvement discussions
- Facilitate technical troubleshooting to fix simple-medium complexity bugs
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Graduate of a four-year course with a strong academic record preferably in IT or Multimedia Arts
- 5+ years of work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in fluent English
- Organized and with great attention to detail
- Extremely reliable and can follow through with tasks
- Fast learner, ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Basic Excel skills and familiarity working with data
- Experience using database tools to perform tasks and maintain data is a plus
- Background in web development and website projects
- Must live within Metro Manila, Cavite, Rizal, Bulacan or certain parts of Laguna only (Biñan, Cabuyao, Calamba, Los Baños, San Pedro and Santa Rosa).
- Must be willing to join occasional in-person meetings.
- Must have a dedicated, functional laptop that meets the following specifications:
For Windows users:
- OS: Windows 7 – 64 bit or better
- Processor: Intel Core i3 or better
- RAM/Memory: 4GB or higher
- Hard Drive: 500GB or higher
For Mac users:
- Processor: 2GHz Intel Core i7
- Memory: 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
- Start-up Disk Macintosh HD
- Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536MB
- Must have a back-up laptop or desktop for use, if primary laptop encounters issues.
- Must have a fast, reliable DSL, Fiber or Broadband connection (not mobile or broadband stick) as the primary internet connection with a minimum actual speed of 5MBPS.
- Must have a back-up internet connection of the same speed, if primary connection becomes spotty.
- Must have licensed MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) including Outlook.
Note: An online assessment will also be part of the recruitment process.
Status: Full Time.
Location: Our corporate offices are based in Northern California with a Regional Operating Headquarters (ROHQ) in the Philippines. The eCommerce Specialist is a remote working position in Manila. Team members in the Philippines are ideally located within easy driving distance to Metro Manila for team outings. They have a great working environment at home with at least 5MBPS internet connection speed. Company executives visit the Philippines regularly so team members attend in-person meetings from time to time.