- Redwood City, CA, USA
We are looking for a talented, fun individual to join our unique culture of teamwork, collaboration, and fun! As a Balsam Brands Administrative Assistant, you will provide important administrative support to help the office run efficiently. You will assist with a variety of tasks related to organization and communication, including managing Microsoft Outlook calendars on a regular basis and scheduling meetings with internal and external partners.
We are looking for someone who is extremely detail oriented and a great multi-tasker. Communication skills, both written and verbal, are paramount. You will assist individuals throughout many parts of the organization, and will be a critical part of the team. You will be the “go-to” person for many office needs, and will wear many hats while providing assistance across the organization.
What you’ll do:
- Thrive in a fast paced, ever-changing environment where you’ll get the opportunity to shift gears and take initiative solving problems and navigating priorities
- Approximately 50% of your time will be spent at the Front Desk/Reception Area
- Calendaring and correspondence for our activities such as Teamwide Meetings, Business Reviews, holidays celebrated in other geographies, Birthday Treats, and Birthday Lunches
- Production and editing of internal meeting material such as PowerPoint presentations
- Point person for our various teleconference tools (Zoom and others)
- Set up, issue, and manage Caltrain Passes and Gym memberships
- Oversee relationships with vendors and service provider partners
- Partner with our Legal Team to facilitate legal filings
- Offsite Logistics Event Planning, which may include reserving venues, catering, dinner reservations, and much more
- Provide support to our Executive Vice President of People and Strategic Projects
- Provide support to our Marketing Team with calendaring, printing, shipping, travel, and other unique projects as needed
- General office organization and tidiness including management of the office kitchen and common spaces
- Other duties may include ordering office supplies, fielding telephone calls, receiving and directing visitors, word processing, filing, faxing, organizing and distributing interview packets
- Assistance with other projects as needed
What you bring to the table:
- Minimum 1 year work experience, preferably in a fast paced administrative role
- Experience with MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Resourcefulness and initiative
- Friendly and professional demeanor
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Ability to accept additional responsibilities and assist others as needed
- Note: “actual” magic skills are great but not necessary
About Balsam Brands: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. We love to reimagine eCommerce and retail in ways that thrill our customers, and to leave a lasting impact on the world around us. We have fast-growing teams in the Bay Area, Boise, Manila, and Dublin.
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
- Balsam Brands in Forbes: http://bit.ly/balsamforbes
- Balsam Brands on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/balsam-brands/
Location: Redwood City, CA
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits.
Contact: Please submit a cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter a dish that you would like to bring to one of our potlucks.
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.