Production Designer - Manila, PH
- Manila, Metro Manila, Philippines
Balsam Brands is a multi-brand e-Commerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. Based in Silicon Valley, the company operates market-leading website such as www.BalsamHill.com. We strive for excellence in everything we do and have been honored to receive the following awards as a result:
- Forbes: America’s Best Small Companies (2016)
- Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- San Francisco Business Times: Fast 100 – Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: 75 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
The company’s outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Balsam International is our Regional Operating Headquarters in the Philippines functioning remotely with a team of hard-working, passionate professionals who contribute significantly to the company’s success. The team in the Philippines enjoy full employee benefits including mandatories (SSS, PAG-IBIG, PhilHealth), 13th month pay, healthcare coverage + 2 dependents, internet subsidy (after regularization), holiday breaks, meal subsidies, company trips and other perks on top of the work-from-home setup.
Balsam International is looking for a detail-oriented Production Designer with significant organizational and process skills who can produce pixel-perfect designs, loves to communicate with his/her teammates, and is accountable for his/her work on a daily basis.
As the Production Designer, you will work closely with our creative team in a dynamic supporting role. Using existing design structures, you will assist in delivering and organizing digital assets for e-Commerce sites and marketing campaigns. You will also enjoy joining a team focused on collaborating and having fun.
What you’ll do:
- Execute sales and campaign materials using existing templates.
- Create online marketing materials in accordance to brand guidelines.
- Ensure the quality of final output meets web optimization standards.
- Manage multiple priorities/projects under tight deadlines, working independently and/or with the design team.
- Support the design team with asset management and creation, as well as other projects as needed.
What you bring to the table:
*Please submit an online portfolio with your application that reflects your experience, specifying which work was created 100% by you vs. by a team.
- Undergraduate degree in Web/Graphic Design, or have at least 2 years equivalent work experience
- An online portfolio (please specify which work was created 100% by you vs. by a team)
- Passion for design (typography, color and grid layouts)
- Proficient in Sketch, Photoshop and Illustrator with the ability to produce organized files with sensible layer structures and naming
- Impeccable eye for detail and consistency
- Ability to respond effectively and appropriately to creative feedback and constructive criticism
- Strong organizational skills & flexibility in task delegations and working with different teams
- Be self-motivated and comfortable working remotely
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to have fun at work
- Comfortable in working through a task via electronic means (email, chat and task management applications)
- Must have your own Mac
Nice to Have:
- Experience in video creation
- Knowledge of CSS and new standards such as HTML5/CSS3
- Knowledge of photo editing
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
- Must live within Metro Manila, Cavite, Rizal, Bulacan or certain parts of Laguna only (Biñan, Cabuyao, Calamba, Los Baños, San Pedro and Santa Rosa).
- Must be willing to join occasional in-person meetings.
- Must have a dedicated, functional laptop that meets the following specifications:
For Mac users:
- Processor: 2GHz Intel Core i5
- Memory: 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
- Start-up Disk Macintosh HD
- Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536MB
- Must have a back-up laptop or desktop for use, if primary laptop encounters issues.
- Must have a fast, reliable DSL, Fiber or Broadband connection (not mobile or broadband stick) as the primary internet connection with a minimum actual speed of 5MBPS.
- Must have a back-up internet connection of the same speed, if primary connection becomes spotty.
- Must have licensed MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) including Outlook.
Note: An online assessment will also be part of the recruitment process.
Status: Full Time.
Location: Our corporate offices are based in Northern California with a Regional Operating Headquarters (ROHQ) in the Philippines. The Production Designer is a remote working position in Manila. Team members in the Philippines are ideally located within easy driving distance to Metro Manila for occasional team meetings and trainings. They have a great working environment at home with at least 5MBPS internet connection speed. Company executives visit the Philippines regularly so team members attend in-person meetings from time to time.