Content Team Manager - Manila, PH
- Manila, NCR, Philippines
Balsam Brands is a multi-brand e-Commerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. Based in Silicon Valley, the company operates market-leading website such as www.BalsamHill.com. We strive for excellence in everything we do and have been honored to receive the following awards as a result:
- Forbes: America’s Best Small Companies (2016)
- Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- San Francisco Business Times: Fast 100 – Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: 75 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
The company’s outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Balsam International is our Regional Operating Headquarters in the Philippines functioning remotely with a team of hard-working, passionate professionals who contribute significantly to the company’s success. The team in the Philippines enjoy full employee benefits including mandatories (SSS, PAG-IBIG, PhilHealth), 13th month pay, healthcare coverage + 2 dependents, internet subsidy (after regularization), holiday breaks, meal subsidies, company trips and other perks on top of the work-from-home setup.
The Content Team Manager (CTM) is responsible for managing a team of content creators for blogs, website content, promotional channels, and syndication via influencers and partners across multiple brands. This person is part of the Manila management team and is a master at working cross-functionally and cross-geographically to ensure the Manila based team understands the strategies and execution requirements of their functions. The CTM is a hard-working and trustworthy individual with a high level of accountability, accuracy, emotional intelligence, and organizational process. S/he brings a positive attitude and proactive communication practices to the role.
What you'll be doing:
- Manage a team of content marketing members to ensure all tasks and deliverables are met
- Coordinate with cross functional managers on Team Manila (TM) project and people initiatives
- Accountability for ensuring content marketing goals are met. Responsible for strategic recommendations, activities oversight, and decision making related to small to medium financial costs.
- Participates actively in projects; provides leadership for projects of larger complexity; builds cross functional processes and procedures.
- Oversee the creation and enhancement of existing style guides with Content Marketing best practices
- People Management
- Day-to-day management, coaching/development, and duties for supervisors (career development chats, 1-1 meetings, T sheets, etc.)
- Provide support to the supervisors of the content team to ensure that all team members are receiving excellent coaching, management and mentoring
- Assist in assignment of tasks and duties among team members, directing work as deemed appropriate
- Lead (assigned) brand custodian meetings, including attending all meetings, driving discussion, takeaways, and next steps cross-functionally for marketing efficiency and success
- Managing project flow and deadlines
- Coordinate with other teams as required by functional responsibilities
- Appoint leads and content team members
- Track deliverables and ensure the productivity, quality, and deadlines are met
- Continually assess the knowledge and needs of the team and identify training and hiring to support the success of the team.
- Heavily involved in the hiring process and making sure the team is correctly staffed to meet the business needs.
What you bring to the table:
- Deep understanding of how content marketing fits into company goals and cross functional implications
- Strong ability to manage people, projects and task flow
- Impeccable American English writing skills and an understanding of American culture
- Ability to customize language and content to uphold the tone and values of various brands
- Basic understanding of how to optimize content with SEO and Content Marketing best practices
- Strong communication skills – must be a proactive communicator
- Strong computer literacy and ability to learn different software platforms
- Experience in marketing, social media, advertising preferred
- A Bachelor’s degree in any field.
- 2+ year(s) experience managing/supervising
- 5+ years experience writing and editing
- Must live within Metro Manila, Cavite, Rizal, Bulacan or certain parts of Laguna only (Biñan, Cabuyao, Calamba, Los Baños, San Pedro and Santa Rosa).
- Must be willing to join occasional in-person meetings.
- Must have a dedicated, functional laptop that meets the following specifications:
For Windows users:
- OS: Windows 7 – 64 bit or better
- Processor: Intel Core i3 or better
- RAM/Memory: 4GB or higher
- Hard Drive: 500GB or higher
For Mac users:
- Processor: 2GHz Intel Core i7
- Memory: 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
- Start-up Disk Macintosh HD
- Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536MB
- Must have a back-up laptop or desktop for use, if primary laptop encounters issues.
- Must have a fast, reliable DSL, Fiber or Broadband connection (not mobile or broadband stick) as the primary internet connection with a minimum actual speed of 5MBPS.
- Must have a back-up internet connection of the same speed, if primary connection becomes spotty.
- Must have licensed MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) including Outlook.
Note: An online assessment will also be part of the recruitment process.
Status: Full Time.
Location: Our corporate offices are based in Northern California with a Regional Operating Headquarters (ROHQ) in the Philippines. The Content Team Manager is a remote working position in Manila. Team members in the Philippines are ideally located within easy driving distance to Metro Manila for team outings. They have a great working environment at home with at least 5MBPS internet connection speed. Company executives visit the Philippines regularly so team members attend in-person meetings from time to time.