Procurement Data Analyst - Manila, PH
- Manila, Metro Manila, Philippines
Balsam Brands is a multi-brand e-Commerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. Based in Silicon Valley, the company operates market-leading website such as www.BalsamHill.com. We strive for excellence in everything we do and have been honored to receive the following awards as a result:
• Forbes: America’s Best Small Companies (2016)
• Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
• San Francisco Business Times: Fast 100 – Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
• Silicon Valley Business Journal: 75 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
The company’s outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Balsam International is our Regional Operating Headquarters in the Philippines functioning remotely with a team of hard-working, passionate professionals who contribute significantly to the company’s success. The team in the Philippines enjoy full employee benefits including mandatories (SSS, PAG-IBIG, PhilHealth), 13th month pay, healthcare coverage + 2 dependents, internet subsidy (after regularization), holiday breaks, meal subsidies, company trips and other perks on top of the work-from-home setup.
Are you an aspiring supply chain planning or procurement professional who is passionate about data and loves to organize and create efficiency? Are you excited to learn and adapt in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment? As the Procurement Data Analyst, you will primarily be responsible for managing purchase orders (POs). The role will also entail managing and analyzing data sets in support of various Inventory Planning and Procurement initiatives, such as forecasting, shipment scheduling, and warehouse allocation. You will also get to collaborate on in-depth cross-functional projects which will have a direct impact on Balsam Brands’ business. One day you might partner with our eCommerce team to see how product data could help drive better forecasting; the next day you might work with our Operations partners to learn what data is collected, and how it can tie into supply chain optimization efforts.
Reporting to our Senior Demand Planning Strategist, you will be joining our growing team of Supply Chain professionals and get the chance to solve real world business problems and grow your skill-set alongside the dynamic Balsam Brands team!
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with the Procurement team to ensure timely and accurate placement of our POs
- Support the Planning team in the execution of demand forecasting and supply planning
- Partner closely with our Operations team and external partners to ensure timely and accurate execution of inventory plans
- Create, manage, and audit large data sets in support of various Planning and Procurement functions
- Facilitate the transfer and implementation of data between various systems, databases, and spreadsheets
- Operate system-based processes and procedures for planning, order management, purchasing and supply chain
- Drive automation and documentation of planning functions and processes
- Partner with merchant teams in planning for New Product Introductions
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Economics, or related
- 1-3 years of experience in data management or supply chain role at an international firm
- A passion for drawing insights from data
- Strong work ethic and positivity
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Very strong attention to detail and organization
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to take initiative and deliver tangible results under deadlines
- Experience in retail, CPG, or manufacturing preferred
- Experience with SKU level forecasting, including new product introductions would be a bonus
- Experience with Lean or Six Sigma would be a bonus
- Experience with highly seasonal products would be a bonus
- Experience working in an advertising or digital marketing agency and writing ad copy.
- Must live within Metro Manila, Cavite, Rizal, Bulacan or certain parts of Laguna only (Biñan, Cabuyao, Calamba, Los Baños, San Pedro and Santa Rosa).
- Must be willing to join occasional in-person meetings.
- Must have a dedicated, functional laptop that meets the following specifications:
For Windows users:
- OS: Windows 7 – 64 bit or better
- Processor: Intel Core i3 or better
- RAM/Memory: 4GB or higher
- Hard Drive: 500GB or higher
For Mac users:
- Processor: 2GHz Intel Core i7
- Memory: 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
- Start-up Disk Macintosh HD
- Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536MB
- Must have a backup laptop or desktop for use, if primary laptop encounters issues.
- Must have a fast, reliable DSL, Fiber or Broadband connection (not mobile or broadband stick) as the primary internet connection with a minimum actual speed of 5MBPS.
- Must have a backup internet connection of the same speed, if the primary connection becomes spotty.
- Must have licensed MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) including Outlook.
Note: An online assessment will also be part of the recruitment process.
Status: Full Time.
Location: Our corporate offices are based in Northern California with a Regional Operating Headquarters (ROHQ) in the Philippines. The Procurement Data Analyst is a remote working position in Manila. Team members in the Philippines are ideally located within easy driving distance to Metro Manila for team meetings and/or outings. They have a great working environment at home with at least 5MBPS internet connection speed. Company executives visit the Philippines regularly so team members attend in-person meetings from time to time.