Public Relations Coordinator (Part-Time)
- Redwood City, CA
Do you have a love for popular culture and want to be part of a hardworking and fun team? Balsam Brands is looking for a talented, scrappy, fun individual to join our growing Public Relations (PR) Team! As Public Relations Coordinator, you will provide critical administrative assistance to help the PR and Partnership Team initiatives run smoothly. You will assist with a variety of tasks related to brand publicity, including collating and packaging products to send to media, maintaining PR tracking and budgets on a regular basis and building relationships with internal and external partners.
We are looking for someone who is humble, ready to learn, detail oriented and a great multi-tasker. You will support our PR team from the ground up as the “go-to” person for on-ground PR needs and will wear many hats while providing assistance to the team.
The PR Coordinator will report into the Senior Marketing Manager for Media & Brand Partnerships.
What you’ll do:
- Help us package and put together media packets and products
- Work with our local warehouse team to find and package products
- Track products to ensure they reach our partners
- Maintain and organize product send and tracking files
- Production and editing of internal meeting material such as PowerPoint presentations
- Help to develop and maintain a great working relationship with vendors and cross-functional teams to ensure deliverables are ready on time
- Occasional travel between our office and warehouse
- Other duties may include helping with calendaring, receiving and directing visitors, word processing, and filing
- Assistance with other projects as needed
What you bring to the table:
- Minimum 1-year work experience
- Experience with MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook required
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail, with the ability to juggle multiple projects at once
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- A friendly and resourceful demeanor
- A passion for popular culture and knowledge in the industry
- Passionate, energetic, team-oriented individual with strong analytical, creative, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well with tight timelines and busy schedules
- Willingness to accept additional responsibilities and assist others as needed
About Balsam Brands: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. We love to reimagine eCommerce and retail in ways that thrill our customers, and to leave a lasting impact on the world around us. We have fast-growing teams in the Bay Area, Boise, Manila, and Dublin.
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
- Balsam Brands in Forbes: http://bit.ly/balsamforbes
- Balsam Brands on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/balsam-brands/
Location: Redwood City, CA
Notes: This is a part-time, permanent position (estimated 20 hours per week).
Contact: Please submit a cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter a dish that you would like to bring to one of our potlucks.
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.