Manager of Strategic Projects
- Redwood City, CA, USA
Are you looking to drive growth of an up and coming consumer brand? Do you get excited about taking on challenging strategic projects that require thinking outside of the box? Do you excel in collaborative environments where team members learn from each other and drive progress through cross-functional projects?
The Manager of Strategic Projects will drive highly impactful projects across multiple functions of our fast-growing eCommerce company. You will work closely with the CEO and other senior leaders, managing projects in diverse areas such as: partnerships and strategic alliances, business development, international new markets, operations strategy, business-to-business sales, and more. You will balance planning with action and implementation in a fun, creative and inspiring work environment.
This role will report to the Director of Strategic Projects with close collaboration with the CEO.
What you’ll be doing:
- Driving strategic initiatives across our brand portfolio. This could include:
- Strategic evaluation of acquisitions into our brand portfolio
- Pursuing, evaluating and testing brand-consistent strategic partnerships
- Evolution and development of new international market opportunities
- A range of innovative business development projects
- Exploring, planning and executing the launch of creative retail solutions
- Creating a strategy to efficiently capture B2B sales through various sales and marketing efforts
You’ll be successful if:
- You have a knack for breaking down big problems into key questions
- You have a strong passion for taking initiative, learning and driving recommendations through to completion
- You can maintain a big-picture mindset and pay close attention to details while managing multiple projects at once
- You have a flexible work style and are comfortable working across many functions and geographies
- You are always willing to jump in and help, including, if needed, in an operating role
What you bring to the table:
- Undergraduate degree; MBA or top tier consulting experience preferred
- 5+ years of work experience
- Experience growing international markets preferred
- Creative and analytical mind; strong analytical skills
- Ability to work with both qualitative and quantitative information
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Demonstrated history of successful project management
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, especially MS Excel
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
About Balsam Brands: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. We love to reimagine eCommerce and retail in ways that thrill our customers, and to leave a lasting impact on the world around us. We have fast-growing teams in the Bay Area, Boise, Manila, and Dublin.
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
- Balsam Brands in Forbes: http://bit.ly/balsamforbes
- Balsam Brands on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/balsam-brands/
Location: Redwood City, CA
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits.
Contact: Please submit a cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter a dish that you would like to bring to one of our potlucks.
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.