Jr. Marketing Data Analyst – Manila, PH
- Manila, Metro Manila, Philippines
Balsam Brands is a multi-brand e-Commerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. Based in Silicon Valley, the company operates market-leading website such as www.BalsamHill.com. We strive for excellence in everything we do and have been honored to receive the following awards as a result:
- Forbes: America’s Best Small Companies (2016)
- Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- San Francisco Business Times: Fast 100 – Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: 75 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
The company’s outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Balsam International is our Regional Operating Headquarters in the Philippines functioning remotely with a team of hard-working, passionate professionals who contribute significantly to the company’s success. The team in the Philippines enjoy full employee benefits including mandatories (SSS, PAG-IBIG, PhilHealth), 13th month pay, healthcare coverage + 2 dependents, internet subsidy (after regularization), holiday breaks, meal subsidies, company trips and other perks on top of the work-from-home setup.
Balsam International is looking for a Jr. Marketing Data Analyst who will be mainly responsible for supporting our TV reporting and analysis. He/She will also help the Marketing Data team to understand, leverage and visualize the data from our different data sources. This person will do this by working with the TV and Marketing Data team to create reports that help inform business decisions. He/She will partner with their Marketing Data teammates to create efficient, repeatable and secure data processes. This person will also deliver data to both internal and external partners, while at the same time educating these partners about our data.
What you will do:
- Work with the TV team and provide support in better understanding TV performance
- Support the senior team members to meet the needs of the different marketing functions
- Generate data based on the reporting requirements of the marketing teams
- Use tools such as Google Analytics and other online Analytics interfaces
- Learn and understand the different tracking tools; Volusion, Hybris and social media platforms
- Perform ad-hoc/minor marketing duties such as, but not limited to, feed pushing and SERPs monitoring
- Support other functions through ad-hoc reporting
- Execute other marketing analytics related tasks as needed
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Mathematics, or Computer Programming.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in advanced Excel functions and features.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power Query and Power BI is a plus.
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools.
- Strong work ethic and positivity.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability and Desire to learn new technologies.
- Strong attention to detail when identifying data relationships, data discrepancies, and improper data hygiene.
- Comfortable in working through a task via electronic means (email, chat and task management applications).
- Amenable to working 2-3 hours in the morning and completing the rest of the shift late afternoon to evening for about 2-3 days a week.
- Must live within Metro Manila, Cavite, Rizal, Bulacan or certain parts of Laguna only (Biñan, Cabuyao, Calamba, Los Baños, San Pedro and Santa Rosa).
- Must be willing to join occasional in-person meetings.
- Must have a dedicated, functional laptop that meets the following specifications:
For Windows users:
- OS: Windows 7 – 64 bit or better
- Processor: Intel Core i3 or better (preferably i5)
- RAM/Memory: 8GB or higher
- Hard Drive: 500GB or higher
For Mac users:
- Processor: 2GHz Intel Core i7
- Memory: 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
- Start-up Disk Macintosh HD
- Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536MB
- Must have a back-up laptop or desktop for use, if primary laptop encounters issues.
- Must have a fast, reliable DSL, Fiber or Broadband connection (not mobile data or broadband stick) as the primary internet connection with a minimum speed of 5MBPS.
- Must have a back-up internet connection of the same speed, if primary connection becomes spotty.
- Must have licensed MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) including Outlook.
Note: An online assessment will also be part of the recruitment process.
Status: Full Time.
Location: Our corporate offices are based in Northern California with a Regional Operating Headquarters (ROHQ) in the Philippines. The Online Marketing Analyst is a remote working position in Manila. Team members in the Philippines are ideally located within easy driving distance to Metro Manila for team outings. They have a great working environment at home with at least 5MBPS internet connection speed. Company executives visit the Philippines regularly so team members attend in-person meetings from time to time.