Web Developer - Manila, PH
- Manila, NCR, Philippines
Balsam Brands is a multi-brand e-Commerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. Based in Silicon Valley, the company operates market-leading website such as www.BalsamHill.com. We strive for excellence in everything we do and have been honored to receive the following awards as a result:
- Forbes: America’s Best Small Companies (2016)
- Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- San Francisco Business Times: Fast 100 – Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: 75 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
The company’s outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Balsam International is our Regional Operating Headquarters in the Philippines functioning remotely with a team of hard-working, passionate professionals who contribute significantly to the company’s success. The team in the Philippines enjoy full employee benefits including mandatories (SSS, PAG-IBIG, PhilHealth), 13th month pay, healthcare coverage + 2 dependents, internet subsidy (after regularization), holiday breaks, meal subsidies, company trips and other perks on top of the work-from-home setup.
Balsam International is looking for a Web Developer who will be responsible for working on building and maintaining HTML emails, writing and editing codes, assisting with sale changes and website updates on all our e-Commerce brands. Our ideal candidate will be working with our US-based management team to ensure an excellent and efficient experience for our online customers. He/She will directly report to our Web Development Manager.
What you'll be doing:
- Development of responsive HTML emails and/or landing pages from layered PSD files.
- Test email rendering for consistency across all email clients (Gmail, Outlook, Mobile, etc.)
- Upload relevant content and set up email campaigns within the email platform.
- Stay up-to-date with latest email best practices, including responsive development.
- Assisting in the management, maintenance, and on-going support for existing e-Commerce websites.
- Building additional websites on a variety of platforms and CMS’s, including Volusion and Hybris.
- Slicing photoshop files and coding these into live sites.
- Making systematic edits to HTML, CSS and JS codes based on a sample given.
- Create and maintain data files in Excel, XML and database such as MySQL.
- Understanding different processes and finding ways to optimize and organize to achieve accuracy and efficiency.
- Maintain FTP files and organize file structure with consistent file naming conventions as needed.
- Demonstrates proficiency in front-end technology.
- Routinely performs cross-browser/device testing of own work against specification to check for visual layout, functionality and performance.
- Perform functional, browser compatibility, load and security testing.
- Create proper documentation and integration guide on all scripts and applications.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as business needs evolve.
What you bring to the table:
- Has a minimum of 2-5 years of experience specifically with email campaigns.
- Strong attention to detail and proven multi-tasking ability, especially with multiple high-priority tasks.
- Proven excellence building and managing websites using Volusion and/or similar systems. Applicants should include a maximum of 3 websites completed within the last year.
- Willingness to double check work to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Fluency in written and spoken English as the management team is US-based.
- Willingness to learn new tools, coding languages, and software quickly and independently. Ideally, will have a track record in such endeavors.
- Ability to communicate well through a task, clarifying potential issues before they arise so they can be worked through effectively. Excellent communication skills are a must-have.
- Strong dedication to a team environment and to meeting deliverables.
Comfortable in working through a task via electronic means (email, chat and task management applications).
Required Programming & Languages:
- Advanced level in HTML and CSS
- XML and API integration
Required Development Tools:
- Notepad++ or Dreamweaver or any IDE
- Experience in Eclipse/IntelliJ is a plus!
- Setting up macros in MS Excel
- JQuery Mobile
- Bash/Shell Scripting
- Linux System
- Must live within Metro Manila, Cavite, Rizal, Bulacan or certain parts of Laguna only (Biñan, Cabuyao, Calamba, Los Baños, San Pedro and Santa Rosa).
- Must be willing to join occasional in-person meetings.
- Must have a dedicated, functional laptop that meets the following specifications:
For Windows users:
- OS: Windows 7 – 64 bit or better
- Processor: Intel Core i3 or better
- RAM/Memory: 4GB or higher
- Hard Drive: 500GB or higher
For Mac users:
- Processor: 2GHz Intel Core i7
- Memory: 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
- Start-up Disk Macintosh HD
- Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536MB
- Must have a back-up laptop or desktop for use, if primary laptop encounters issues.
- Must have a fast, reliable DSL, Fiber or Broadband connection (not mobile or broadband stick) as the primary internet connection with a minimum actual speed of 5MBPS.
- Must have a back-up internet connection of the same speed, if primary connection becomes spotty.
- Must have licensed MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) including Outlook.
Note: An online assessment will also be part of the recruitment process.
Status: Full Time.
Location: Our corporate offices are based in Northern California with a Regional Operating Headquarters (ROHQ) in the Philippines. The Web Developer is a remote working position in Manila. Team members in the Philippines are ideally located within easy driving distance to Metro Manila for team outings. They have a great working environment at home with at least 5MBPS internet connection speed. Company executives visit the Philippines regularly so team members attend in-person meetings from time to time.