- Boise, ID, USA
Balsam Brands Technology Team is looking for a Data Architect to join and lead our growing team of analytics experts. You will be responsible for designing and developing robust, scalable solutions, expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. You will support our software developers, database engineers, and data analysts on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
Our ideal candidate is an expert data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. S/he will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
The Data Architect will report to the CTO.
What you’ll do:
- Own the defining and building of enterprise data foundation layer, data architecture, data integrity and data quality
- Champion Data warehouse and BI initiatives by collaborating with function heads and implement new initiatives to deliver quality Business Intelligence solutions.
- Design and Define strategies to ensure capture of all data source needs across business and systems
- Capture all business process changes and their impact on data feeds, data model, analytical and reporting layer
- Aggregate data and create a denormalized data foundation layer
- Validate the data foundation layer and create normalized data marts
- Manage and administer all aspects of the data warehouse / BI environment including architecture, design and development, server administration, automation, caching, performance tuning and data modeling.
- Design and create data marts for building reports, dashboards and exceptions for the various business functions including Supply Chain, Logistics, Finance, Sales and Production
- Continually explore new technologies and how they could further create value including Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Predictive Data analysis model, etc.
- Partner with technology organization to deploy an enhanced data warehousing and business intelligence infrastructure
- Build upon existing data analytics processes and plans to implement long-term organizational data roadmap
What you bring to the table:
- 10+ years of professional experience in the analytics field with increasing responsibility.
- Demonstrated history of designing and building enterprise level data foundations and architecture
- Expert level knowledge and experience working with SQL and relational databases like SQL Server, Oracle, Postgres, MySQL, etc.
- Business and analytical thinker, with an ability to translate business problems/opportunities into data analytic based solutions.
- Very strong client facing verbal and written communication, team mentorship and the ability to apply sophisticated judgment in driving to optimized outcomes in complex go to market situational frameworks.
- Ability to understand and tell the story embedded in the data at the core of our business. The ability to communicate complex analytic ideas and insights to a non-technical audience.
- The ability to design, execute, and interpret the results of experiments on large and complex data sets
- Strong knowledge of, and competencies in, industry best / next practices in the application of analytics in marketing contexts.
- The ability to work collaboratively with, and bring unquestioned value to, a group of very driven team members, during a time of business transformation and growth.
About Balsam Brands: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. We love to reimagine eCommerce and retail in ways that thrill our customers, and to leave a lasting impact on the world around us. We have fast-growing teams in the Bay Area, Boise, Manila, and Dublin.
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
- Balsam Brands in Forbes: http://bit.ly/balsamforbes
- Balsam Brands on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/balsam-brands/
Location: Boise, ID
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits.
Contact: Please submit a cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter a dish that you would like to bring to one of our potlucks.
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.