Accounting Specialist - Manila, PH
- Manila, NCR, ph
Balsam Brands is a multi-brand e-Commerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. Based in Silicon Valley, the company operates market-leading website such as www.BalsamHill.com. We strive for excellence in everything we do and have been honored to receive the following awards as a result:
- Forbes: America’s Best Small Companies (2016)
- Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- San Francisco Business Times: Fast 100 – Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: 75 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
The company’s outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Balsam International is our Regional Operating Headquarters in the Philippines functioning remotely with a team of hard-working, passionate professionals who contribute significantly to the company’s success. The team in the Philippines enjoy full employee benefits including mandatories (SSS, PAG-IBIG, PhilHealth), 13th month pay, healthcare coverage + 2 dependents, internet subsidy (after regularization), holiday breaks, meal subsidies, company trips and other perks on top of the work-from-home setup.
Balsam International is looking for an Accounting Specialist who will be responsible for spearheading all accounting related initiatives in the Philippine ROHQ to ensure internal efficiencies as well as local compliance. Our ideal candidate must be great with numbers, passionate about accuracy of reports and documents, have keen attention to detail, highly organized and trustworthy. He/She will be working closely with third party vendors and from time to time will also be interfacing with our US and Ireland-based colleagues.
What you'll be doing:
- Handle bookkeeping: recording transactions into QuickBooks (in the long-term), performing month-end bank reconciliations, receivables/payables reconciliations etc.
- Ensure the accuracy of all filings for local government agencies.
- Liaise with third-party vendor for Finance and Administration.
- Preparation, review, approval and in the future, filing of loose-leaf book of accounts.
- Maintain accounting records: filing invoices, receipts, and other supporting documentation (both manual and electronic filing).
- Preparation and filing periodic statutory filings such as: Form 1601-E, 1601-C, 1601-F, 1603, 1604-E, 2550-M, 2550-Q, 1702Q, 1702-RT, 0605, 1604-CF, 1604-E, etc.
- Create reports and trackers for various stakeholders.
- Assist with annual renewal and all applicable registrations, especially in the Philippines.
- Review benefit administration registration and filings.
- Actively participate in audits.
- Document accounting processes and provide training and guidance to new or existing members, as needed.
- Appraise current tools and processes and suggest ways to improve or create efficiencies.
- All other analogous tasks, as required.
What you bring to the table:
- Licensed Accountant or Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy.
- At least three (3) years' experience in accounting and general corporate finance.
- At least three (3) years' experience in ROHQ accounting and practices.
- Prior experience in using QuickBooks is a big plus, but not required.
- Knowledge of basic computing and accounting principles.
- Above average computer skills, including the use of Office suites (word processors, email clients, etc.)
- Proficiency in MS Excel (Assessment will be conducted).
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Must be able to communicate to individuals on all levels.
- Well-developed time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Proven multi-tasking ability, especially with multiple high-priority tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Proactive attitude and learner’s mind set (asks questions, gives feedback, clarifies potential issues, etc.)
- Ability to independently figure out problems that arise before seeking out help.
- Capacity to adapt to changing environments, directions and priorities.
- Capability to work independently and with a team.
- Exceptional work ethics.
- Comfortable in working through a task via electronic means (email, chat and task management applications).
- Must live within Metro Manila, Cavite, Rizal, Bulacan or certain parts of Laguna only (Biñan, Cabuyao, Calamba, Los Baños, San Pedro and Santa Rosa).
- Must be willing to join occasional in-person meetings.
- Must have a dedicated, functional laptop that meets the following specifications:
For Windows users:
- OS: Windows 7 – 64 bit or better
- Processor: Intel Core i3 or better
- RAM/Memory: 4GB or higher
- Hard Drive: 500GB or higher
For Mac users:
- Processor: 2GHz Intel Core i7
- Memory: 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
- Start-up Disk Macintosh HD
- Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536MB
- Must have a back-up laptop or desktop for use, if primary laptop encounters issues.
- Must have a fast, reliable DSL, Fiber or Broadband connection (not mobile or broadband stick) as the primary internet connection with a minimum actual speed of 5MBPS.
- Must have a back-up internet connection of the same speed, if primary connection becomes spotty.
- Must have licensed MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) including Outlook.
Note: An online assessment will also be part of the recruitment process.
Status: Full Time.
Location: Our corporate offices are based in Northern California with a Regional Operating Headquarters (ROHQ) in the Philippines. The Accounting Specialist is a remote working position in Manila. Team members in the Philippines are ideally located within easy driving distance to Metro Manila for team outings. They have a great working environment at home with at least 5MBPS internet connection speed. Company executives visit the Philippines regularly so team members attend in-person meetings from time to time.