Quality Assurance (QA) & Compliance Manager
- Boise, ID, USA
Are you a quality assurance professional who is detail oriented and passionate about creating and implementing comprehensive product QA standards and processes? Can you learn and adapt in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment and build strong relationships with external partners, as well as internal stakeholders? Reporting to our Senior Planning & Procurement Manager, the Quality Assurance & Compliance Manager will be responsible for creating, implementing, and managing our quality assurance and compliance standards and processes.
As the Quality Assurance & Compliance Manager, you will also get to collaborate on in-depth cross-functional projects which will have a direct impact on Balsam Brands’ bottom line. You will be involved in a wide variety of project and activities! You will conduct in-person QA inspections in warehouses and factories across the globe, partner with internal teams to capture and report relevant product quality data, and create vendor scorecards to track our partners’ performance.
Above all, we hope you will join and contribute to our unique culture of teamwork, collaboration, and fun!
What you’ll do:
- Provide leadership and strategic direction for the QA sub-function while ensuring proper partnership and communication with vendors and internal partners
- Lead the effort to ensure a clear understanding of Balsam Brands’ quality requirements with internal partners and external vendors
- Develop product quality standards for product types, including minimum quality standards
- Remain current and act as a subject matter expert on federal and state regulations for specific product categories; this may include hazardous materials, California Prop 65, CPSI, etc.
- Manage vendors’ compliance to establish quality standards and any applicable testing, including federal, state, and industry safety and regulatory requirements; interpret inspection and test results, identify need for corrective actions, and manage vendor follow up
- Create and manage vendor scorecard program to document and measure vendor performance against established metrics
- Develop appropriate strategy to address post shipment quality concerns raised thru online negative reviews, poor return rates, or customer service complaints; establish a clear communication process to ensure both internal partners and vendors are aware of the issues
- Gather and analyze pertinent product quality data, using your findings to make data-driven decisions while frequently reporting to team members and management
- Partner with merchant and product development teams to collaborate with developing product that meets Balsam Brands’ product standards and testing protocol
- Strengthen vendor partnerships and gain broader supply chain understanding
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree (MBA or other relevant master’s degree a bonus)
- 7+ years of experience in an QA role; 1-3 years’ experience in functional leadership
- A passion for drawing insights from data
- Excellent business acumen
- Strong Excel skills
- Exceptional communication skills, including the ability to partner with and influence internal partners and external vendors
- Strong attention to detail when identifying data relationships, trends, and anomalies
- Creative problem solver
- Ability to take initiative and deliver tangible results within deadlines
- Ability to take direction from several individuals and be self-directed
- Experience in retail, CPG, or manufacturing preferred
- Experience with Lean or Six Sigma preferred; Certifications a plus
- Experience with direct vendor negotiation preferred
About Balsam Brands: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. We love to reimagine eCommerce and retail in ways that thrill our customers, and to leave a lasting impact on the world around us. We have fast-growing teams in the Bay Area, Boise, Manila, and Dublin.
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
- Balsam Brands in Forbes: http://bit.ly/balsamforbes
- Balsam Brands on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/balsam-brands/
Location: Boise, ID
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits.
Contact: Please submit a cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter a dish that you would like to bring to one of our potlucks.
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.