Jr. Online Marketing Analyst - Manila, PH
- Metro Manila, Manila, NCR, ph
Balsam Brands is a multi-brand e-Commerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. Based in Silicon Valley, the company operates market-leading website such as www.BalsamHill.com. We strive for excellence in everything we do and have been honored to receive the following awards as a result:
- Forbes: America’s Best Small Companies (2016)
- Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- San Francisco Business Times: Fast 100 – Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: 75 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
The company’s outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Balsam International is our Regional Operating Headquarters in the Philippines functioning remotely with a team of hard-working, passionate professionals who contribute significantly to the company’s success. The team in the Philippines enjoy full employee benefits including mandatories (SSS, PAG-IBIG, PhilHealth), 13th month pay, healthcare coverage + 2 dependents, internet subsidy (after regularization), holiday breaks, meal subsidies, company trips and other perks on top of the work-from-home setup.
The Jr. Online Marketing Analyst will be responsible mainly for managing our Amazon and Affiliate accounts. Preferably, has knowledge in Online Marketing tools such as, but not limited to ShareASale, Google Ads and Amazon since he/she will be proposing coupon offerings and optimizing campaigns. The ideal candidate is also proficient in MS Excel and knows how to use the Offset Match and other advanced functions as well as utilizes pivot tables and graphs. Having excellent communication and analytical skills will be prioritized since usage of the tools can be acquired during the probationary period. He/She must also be flexible since the team’s schedule and workloads vary.
What you'll be doing:
- Research keywords based on products and general industry terms.
- Write ad copy, short product titles and descriptions.
- Update MS Excel spreadsheets with bid adjustments and upload them into an online tool.
- Build, optimize and update comparison shopping engine feeds.
- Update performance reports in MS Excel.
- Analyze performance using MS Excel and make recommendations to improve performance.
- Use Google AdWords, Google Analytics and other online interfaces to further analyze and understand performance (training will be provided however, prior experience with these tools is a major plus).
- Track changes made into accounts and keep the team informed of when major changes are complete.
- Other online marketing analysis and support as needed.
What you bring to the table:
- Highly skilled in MS Excel – must be comfortable building and using complex models and formulas.
- Must have strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Experience with Google AdWords and Analytics is an advantage.
- Strong knowledge in SEM and website strategy will give you an edge.
- Must be detail-oriented and organized.
- Ability to work independently.
- Willing to learn new tools quickly.
- Comfortable in working through a task via electronic means (email, chat and task management applications).
Nice to Have:
- Experience in online marketing.
- Must live within Metro Manila, Cavite, Rizal, Bulacan or certain parts of Laguna only (Biñan, Cabuyao, Calamba, Los Baños, San Pedro and Santa Rosa).
- Must be willing to join occasional in-person meetings.
- Must have a dedicated, functional laptop that meets the following specifications:
For Windows users:
- OS: Windows 7 – 64 bit or better
- Processor: Intel Core i3 or better
- RAM/Memory: 4GB or higher
- Hard Drive: 500GB or higher
For Mac users:
- Processor: 2GHz Intel Core i5
- Memory: 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
- Start-up Disk Macintosh HD
- Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536MB
- Must have a back-up laptop or desktop for use, if primary laptop encounters issues.
- Must have a fast, reliable DSL, Fiber or Broadband connection (not mobile data or broadband stick) as the primary internet connection with a minimum speed of 5MBPS.
- Must have a back-up internet connection of the same speed, if primary connection becomes spotty.
- Must have licensed MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) including Outlook.
Note: An online assessment will also be part of the recruitment process.
Status: Full Time.
Location: Our corporate offices are based in Northern California with a Regional Operating Headquarters (ROHQ) in the Philippines. The Jr. Online Marketing Analyst is a remote working position in Manila. Team members in the Philippines are ideally located within easy driving distance to Metro Manila for team outings. They have a great working environment at home with at least 5MBPS internet connection speed. Company executives visit the Philippines regularly so team members attend in-person meetings from time to time.