Senior Operations Systems Analyst
- Boise, ID, USA
Balsam Brands Digital Technology Team is seeking a Sr. Operations Systems Analyst who is passionate about delivering and maintaining excellent Operations & Supply Chain systems that can be practical and workable solutions for our internal business and technical teams. You will be part of the Technology team and work with our internal business partners and external service providers on new customizations and issue resolution. You will assist our team with your excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills to ensure that the technical solutions fulfill the business requirements. As a subject matter expert on how Operations systems work, you will strive to improve the business operations through sound technical and procedural changes.You will analyze and evaluate business systems and user needs by working collaboratively with the eCommerce and Marketing team, Operations team, Customer Service team and Technical Development team (internal and external).
What you’ll do:
- Analyze business requirements, procedures and problems and apply solutions in line with business requirements
- Facilitate requirements gathering workshops and one-on-one interviews
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems, and other post-implementation support
- Oversee the development, testing and implementation of business systems ensuring solutions adhere to specifications and address business needs
- Assist in the assessment of current and new systems in the fulfillment and distribution centers
- Build diagrams and flows to demonstrate steps and describe logical operational steps of the system
- Act as a liaison between facilities and technology team to facilitate the gathering of information that will allow for a smooth transition from legacy systems while analyzing the needs of the fulfillment and distribution centers
- Participate in the design and development of warehouse management (WMS) and order management systems (OMS)
- Assist with the creation of an implementation plan for all system transformation by creating accurate work estimates for analyst deliverables
- Design, develop, deploy and maintain innovative and successful technical applications/systems
- Be accretive to the Balsam Brands’ culture and help make this a place where team members love their jobs.
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 5 years in Information Systems, Computer Science related field with technical business analyst experience
- Advanced level knowledge in MS Office (Word, Excel, Visio and Power Point)
- Proven experience with requirements gathering and analysis techniques based on business needs
- Working knowledge of retail distribution center operations/processes, including receiving, picking/packing, inventory accuracy, shipping and material flow efficiency and distribution center applications
- Excellent analytical skills with experience using data to answer questions and solve problems
- Ability to effectively communicate process and technical concepts to a variety of audiences from entry level warehouse employee to executive level
- Experience leading or working in cross functional teams formed to produce a business solution
- Experience working in & coaching Agile / Scrum Teams
- Experience working with JIRA (Issue Tracking), Confluence (Requirements / Collaboration tool)
- Strong Knowledge and affinity for Supply Chain Technologies and systems to include: Enterprise Resource Planning Systems (ERP), WMS and OMS systems and how they integrate into the supply chain throughout all facilities
- Experience with system development approaches (particularly agile methodologies) and integrating applications to other enterprise systems
- Strong Experience with workflow design and development
- Ability to work effectively with cross functional groups, facilitate or participate in problem solving workshops or design sessions and consult on complex project methodology
- Strategic mindset (outside-the-box) and ability to provide creative solutions
- Ability to communicate candidly (both written and verbally) and maintain strong stakeholder relationships
- Self-motivation and a strong sense of ownership, accountability and focus
- Ability to understand how requirements will impact the supported applications
About Balsam Brands: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. We love to reimagine eCommerce and retail in ways that thrill our customers, and to leave a lasting impact on the world around us. We have fast-growing teams in the Bay Area, Boise, Manila, and Dublin.
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
- Balsam Brands in Forbes: http://bit.ly/balsamforbes
- Balsam Brands on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/balsam-brands/
Location: Boise, ID
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits.
Contact: Please submit a cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter a dish that you would like to bring to one of our potlucks.
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.