- Redwood City, CA, USA
Balsam Brands is looking for a proactive Photography Editor to join our growing eCommerce company! This position will be an integral role as we continue to cultivate and expand our product assortment. As Photography Editor, you will be responsible for maintaining all digital photography imagery, editing on-location and in-studio photoshoots, and creating digital asset management workflow. You’ll get to attend the shoots, working alongside the Photography Team and helping with production. You will also act as the hub for all still media assets, organizing, uploading, and distributing photos as needed to cross-functional teams for use.
The Photography Editor will report to the Senior Production Manager.
What you’ll do:
Ensure the highest-quality product photography on our eCommerce websites by:
- Managing all digital photo files during location/studio shoots
- Travelling up to several times per month with photography team
- Owning responsibility for all editing needs during photo shoots, in addition to some digital tech; will help by tagging photos, setting up catalogs, inputting metadata/keywords, working within templates/specific cropping, organizing files, and exporting for cross-functional sharing
- Owning responsibility for all post-production and retouching needs; will need to organize, rename, resize, and upload images for external usage
- Creating Lightroom catalogs, galleries, and shareable assets for all cross-functional teams
- Uploading imagery to digital asset management tool, including metadata and tagging information; should be able to troubleshoot missing/incorrect website imagery
- Partnering with cross-functional teams to understand their photo needs & distribute final assets
- Assisting on set with lighting, product environment, and camera setup
What you bring to the table:
**Please submit a portfolio with your application that reflects your editing and retouching skills. Portfolio should include ‘before’ and ‘after’ images with imagery focused around décor and/or product photography (non-people) retouching.
- 2+ years of photo editing experience
- Must be experienced with Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop
- Must be experienced with DSLR cameras setup and shooting tethered
- Excellent communication skills to work with a variety of people from creatives to outside vendors and production teams
- Ability to communicate and negotiate with outside vendors
- Strong project management skills
- Detail oriented, well organized, and ability to multi-task
- Prior experience with lifestyle/in-environment product photography desired
- Must be willing to travel up to several times per month, 30% of the year
About Balsam Brands: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. We love to reimagine eCommerce and retail in ways that thrill our customers, and to leave a lasting impact on the world around us. We have fast-growing teams in the Bay Area, Boise, Manila, and Dublin.
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
- Balsam Brands in Forbes: http://bit.ly/balsamforbes
- Balsam Brands on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/balsam-brands/
Location: Redwood City, CA
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits.
Contact: Please submit a cover letter, resume and portfolio that reflects your editing and retouching skills. Please include in your cover letter a dish that you would like to bring to one of our potlucks.
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.