- Redwood City, CA, USA
We’re looking for an impactful writer, creative thinker, expert editor, motivated team player, and multi-tasker to join our team of talented, driven individuals in an entrepreneurial environment.
As Copywriter, you’ll work closely with art directors, designers, photographers, and videographers to brainstorm ideas, create concepts, and write on-brand, customer-centric copy for emails, web, print, and more. This is a unique opportunity to write for multiple online brands. Plus, you’ll get to work cross-functionally with our marketing teams in Redwood City, as well as, our dynamic content teams in Boise, ID and the Philippines!
Previous creative work in advertising, either in-house or agency, is required.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with other team members to brainstorm, concept, and develop compelling copy for emails, web, print, and more
- Create, edit, and proof own copy
- Partner with marketing and eCommerce teams to meet brand and business goals
- Stay updated on appropriate style guidelines and brand tone and voice
- Present work to marketing teams
- Help evolve processes
- Help monitor industry trends to keep the brand creative, innovative, and competitive
- Assist Sr. Brand Copywriter with special projects as needed
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Journalism, or Advertising preferred
- Minimum of 6+ years’ experience writing and editing copy for eCommerce
- Self-starter with demonstrated history of teamwork and strong communication skills
- Ability to juggle multiple high priority, disparate tasks and meet deadlines
- An appreciation for good design and a desire for excellence
- Working knowledge of AP Stylebook
- Familiarity with document sharing apps
- Experience with project management tools
- A creative mind and spirit
About Balsam Brands: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. We love to reimagine eCommerce and retail in ways that thrill our customers, and to leave a lasting impact on the world around us. We have fast-growing teams in the Bay Area, Boise, Manila, and Dublin.
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
- Balsam Brands in Forbes: http://bit.ly/balsamforbes
- Balsam Brands on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/balsam-brands/
Location: Redwood City, CA
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits.
Contact: Please submit a cover letter, resume and any relevant work samples and/or portfolio. Please include in your cover letter a dish that you would like to bring to one of our potlucks.
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.