Director of Product Merchandising, Thos. Baker
- Redwood City, CA, USA
As Director of Product Merchandising for Thos. Baker, you will lead the Merchandising function to build and grow Thos. Baker and our broader Q2 & Q3 business. You will set the product strategy and help craft the overall direction of the brand and the business. This is a highly cross-functional role, intersecting with, but not limited to, the Planning, eCommerce, Creative, Marketing, and Operational functions.
Our ideal candidate is a dynamic merchant leader with experience in the outdoor living industry and a history of growing outdoor brands. S/he is both a highly creative and strategic thinker who can build cohesive brand & business strategies that deliver financial results. S/he has experience creating and leading high performance teams and building deeply collaborative cross functional partnerships that take businesses forward. S/he is passionate about product, trend, brand, and customer. S/he brings a maturity, high level of emotional intelligence, and self-drive to the table and is able to be highly functional in unstructured environments.
This role will report to the VP of Product Merchandising.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and execute a product vision, strategy and roadmap in support of company goals and objectives; present and clearly articulate product strategy cross-functionally
- Collaborate with key creative and marketing partners to help develop the brand identity, strategy, and POV and marry that to the product strategy
- Coordinate merchandise planning with cross-functional partners including eCommerce, Marketing, Operations, and Finance
- Partner with Inventory Planning to hit budget (open-to-buy), profit and revenue growth targets
- Together with the Strategic Projects team and the VP of Merchandising, use customer and market research as well as competitive analysis to identify opportunities for new product categories and initiatives
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 15+ years of experience, with extensive experience in the outdoor furniture and/or home furnishings market
- Proven ability to make business trade-offs that optimize for the over-arching goals of the company
- Experience successfully developing the skills of the team
- Flexibility and adaptability; comfort with a “startup” mentality
- Forward-thinking and problem solving mentality; sense of urgency, resolving and/or escalating issues as needed
- Proven track record of buying, team collaboration, and project management; strong retail math and analytical skills
- Strong understanding of catalog, web based consumer behavior and direct marketing principles
- Ability to build constructive and effective relationships with broad group of business partners
- Attention to detail, highly organized, deadline-driven and goal- and results-oriented
- Aesthetic visionary with a proven ability to translate analytic data into strategic ideas
- Excellent written, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Highly literate in Microsoft Excel, Power Point, and Outlook; strong presentation skills
About Balsam Brands: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. We love to reimagine eCommerce and retail in ways that thrill our customers, and to leave a lasting impact on the world around us. We have fast-growing teams in the Bay Area, Boise, Manila, and Dublin.
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
- Balsam Brands in Forbes: http://bit.ly/balsamforbes
- Balsam Brands on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/balsam-brands/
Location: Redwood City, CA
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits.
Contact: Please submit a cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter a dish that you would like to bring to one of our potlucks.
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.