Director of Global Customer Care
- Boise, ID, USA
At Balsam Brands, our customer is at the center of everything we do. As Director of Global Customer Care, you’ll get to focus on creating effortless experiences by serving as an advocate for our customers as we make changes to our brand experience. You will drive consistent customer service delivery across the business globally, and will be at the forefront of defining, creating, and leading the implementation of strategies that improve the experience for our customers.
Our ideal candidate brings a high level of enthusiasm for customer experience, while taking into account the realities of our business needs. S/he will understand completely the challenges and rewards found in regularly delighting customers. S/he wakes up in the morning thinking about our customers, and how to deliver a world-class customer experience.
The Director of Global Customer Care will report to the VP of Operations.
What you’ll be doing:
Customer Advocate within the Company
- Partner cross-functionally to engage both potential customers and existing customers to ensure that their journey, including phone, email, chat, website and social media delivers an amazing experience.
- Represent the needs of customers individually and collectively in strategic planning and advocate for improvements to the customer experience.
- Be a strategic thought partner to our leadership team; align with leadership to stay ahead of business growth to ensure we are positioned for success.
- Provide regular internal communications on Customer Care initiatives.
Team and Tools
- Continually evaluate, alter and improve the Customer Care function to respond to changing needs of the organization, new products, individual initiatives and other activities that make a positive impact.
- Evaluate the current customer success technology tools to better understand opportunities and risks, introduce relevant and value-add customer engagement functionality, and leverage relevant innovations to enhance the customer experience and ensure we can quickly respond to customer’s needs.
- Develop high-level strategy to best leverage third-party contact centers and a remote international Customer Care team as they direct day-to-day functions among the teams to ensure effective, quality service delivery to internal / external customers.
Analytics and Metrics
- Create a structure and process to analyze voice of the customer data and leverage that information to drive improvements to the operation. Utilize customer insights to make recommendations to internal teams that further drive customer loyalty to our brands and improve the customer experience.
- Directly own and drive customer satisfaction and cost to serve metrics. Lead the evolution of those metrics to meet emerging needs as our business scales.
What you bring to the table:
- 10+ years in Customer Care experience or equivalent; expertise in customer experience with proven record of developing and implementing customer facing strategies that positively impact customer happiness and lifetime value.
- Enthusiastic and creative leader who thinks quickly under pressure, influences thinking, builds relationships, and inspires others.
- You understand that experience is everything, and find ways to work smarter so that our customers don’t have to.
- “Roll up your sleeves” attitude and collaborative team player. You effectively partner cross-functionally with other teams (eCommerce, Marketing, Merchandising) to provide solutions.
- Lifelong learner who is excited about building new processes and improving outdated ones – you want to make everything better.
- You thrive in a multi-tasking environment and can adjust priorities on-the-fly.
- You’re driven: No one needs to push you to excel; it’s just who you are.
- Eagerness to learn, seek out help and put your learnings to good use.
- 5+ years of experience in directly leading and managing Customer Support Team Leaders or equivalent managing external contact center experience (leader of other leaders with direct reports).
- Ability to draw actionable insights from customer inquiry data and anecdotes.
- Openness towards flexible hours for the times you’ll collaborate with remote partners.
- Exceptional written and verbal presentation and communications skills. You understand how to create a story and craft messaging based on your audience.
- Experience managing a distributed/remote team.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
About Balsam Brands: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. We love to reimagine eCommerce and retail in ways that thrill our customers, and to leave a lasting impact on the world around us. We have fast-growing teams in the Bay Area, Boise, Manila, and Dublin.
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
- Balsam Brands in Forbes: http://bit.ly/balsamforbes
- Balsam Brands on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/balsam-brands/
Location: Boise, ID
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits.
Contact: Please submit a cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter a dish that you would like to bring to one of our potlucks.
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.