Learning & Development Specialist - Manila, PH
- Manila, Metro Manila, Philippines
Balsam Brands is a multi-brand e-Commerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. Based in Silicon Valley, the company operates market-leading website such as www.BalsamHill.com. We strive for excellence in everything we do and have been honored to receive the following awards as a result:
- Forbes: America’s Best Small Companies (2016)
- Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- San Francisco Business Times: Fast 100 – Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: 75 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
The company’s outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Balsam International is our Regional Operating Headquarters in the Philippines functioning remotely with a team of hard-working, passionate professionals who contribute significantly to the company’s success. The team in the Philippines enjoy full employee benefits including mandatories (SSS, PAG-IBIG, PhilHealth), 13th month pay, healthcare coverage + 2 dependents, internet subsidy (after regularization), holiday breaks, meal subsidies, company trips and other perks on top of the work-from-home setup.
Balsam International is looking for a Learning and Development Specialist who will be responsible for assisting in building upon new and existing learning and development initiatives while providing support in the development of long-term strategies and solutions that support our business needs. He/She will build internal competencies and drive individual, team, and career growth across the company. Our ideal candidate will be the learning and development “go-to” for Team Manila.
What you’ll be doing:
- Identify training needs through constant consultation with functional managers, employees and other stakeholders
- Create and design training curriculum, manuals, course materials, and online learning modules based on identified training needs
- Conduct the actual training for various L&D related initiatives, wherever applicable
- Find new tools that are best-fit for learning and development training for a remote team
- Collaborate with Sr. People Manager and Sr. Global Manager for Learning & Development to establish training programs for the Global Team, with a particular eye on local implementation and approach
- Review current professional development program in Manila and recommend modifications or propose a new approach that will address employee professional growth
- Spearhead administration of current global professional development programs for the Manila team
- Drive on-boarding initiatives from conducting training to creating orientation materials, revisiting on-boarding kits, and checking for retention and progress of new team members
- Build knowledge base materials to be uploaded to easily accessible locations and making sure that all materials are current and relevant
- Ensure changes in norms and/or operations are properly documented in the Handbook or relevant KB document
- Assist in the creation of presentations for various meetings such as teamwides, etc.
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in education, or any relevant course.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in corporate learning and development, people program management or an equivalent function.
- Extremely well-versed in designing and creating training curriculum and other training materials.
- Expert planning and implementation skills, with proven success in learning and development. Project Management experience is a plus.
- Experience working within a rapid and complex changing work environment.
- Comfort working autonomously as well as closely collaborating with others.
- Coaching, influencing, problem-solving and facilitation skills.
- Strong knowledge and experience in team dynamics, career development, leadership development.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Curiosity and passion for learning.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Gifted presenter and group facilitator; comfortable in excel and in presentation tools such as PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Learning Management Systems, a plus.
- Comfortable in working through a task via electronic means (email, chat and task management applications).
- Must live within Metro Manila, Cavite, Rizal, Bulacan or certain parts of Laguna only (Biñan, Cabuyao, Calamba, Los Baños, San Pedro and Santa Rosa).
- Must be willing to join occasional in-person meetings.
- Must have a dedicated, functional laptop that meets the following specifications:
For Windows users:
- OS Windows 7 – 64 bit or higher
- Processor: Intel Core i3 or better
- RAM/Memory: 4GB or higher
- Hard Drive: 500GB or higher
For MAC users:
- Processor: 2GHz Intel Core i7
- Memory: 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
- Start-up Disk Macintosh HD
- Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536MB
- Must have a back-up laptop or desktop for use, if primary laptop encounters issues.
- Must have a fast, reliable DSL, Fiber or Broadband connection (not mobile or broadband stick) as the primary internet connection with a minimum actual speed of 5MBPS.
- Must have a back-up internet connection of the same speed, if primary connection becomes spotty.
- Must have licensed MS Office (Powerpoint, Word, Excel) including Outlook
Status: Full Time
Location: Our corporate offices are based in Northern California with a Regional Operating Headquarters (ROHQ) in the Philippines. The Learning & Development Specialist is a remote working position in Manila. Team members in the Philippines are ideally located within easy driving distance to Metro Manila for occasional team meetings and trainings. They have a great working environment at home with at least 5MBPS internet connection speed. Company executives visit the Philippines regularly so team members attend in-person meetings from time to time.