Senior Manager of User Experience (UX) Design
- Boise, ID, USA
We are looking for a driven User Experience (UX) Design professional to lead and guide our UX design team in developing highly innovative, usable, and engaging eCommerce and digital experiences.
As Senior Manager of UX Design, you will contribute to an improved customer experience on all Balsam Brands digital properties by leading the execution and furthering the development of our user experience strategy. The ideal candidate excels at using customer feedback, UX best practices, and competitive analysis to determine appropriate user/process flows and page interaction.
What you will do:
- Lead user experience improvements and recommendations
- Use customer feedback, user experience best practices, and competitive analysis to design appropriate user flows and customer experiences for maximum usability and customer satisfaction
- Collaborate with x-functional partners to define our digital user experience strategy
- Work on more complex projects where new experiences need to be designed or complex user flows need to be understood and accounted for
- Lead meetings or other efforts to gather requirements and define user experience solutions
- Provide recommendations on needed standards or other opportunities to ensure work across multiple streams fits brand guidelines and provides a consistent user experience
- Work with insights and analytics to develop and promote recommendations for user experience improvements within a project or stream
- Manage and grow the UX function and team
You will be successful if:
- You are curious, driven, methodical, and a passionate advocate for the end user with deep empathy for their everyday struggles and challenges
- You are an articulate storyteller and able to translate complex problems into compelling solutions
- You are motivated by the challenge of translating uncertainty and ambiguity into actionable recommendations
- You are good at multi-tasking, juggling competing priorities and organizing yourself
What you bring to the table:
- 7+ years of experience in a UX-related role
- BA/BS in Design Required, preferably in UX related fields of HCI, Industrial Design, Product Design, Architecture or Graphic Design
- A proven track record in creating client-focused UX that solves complex design problems providing impact to clients and the business
- Deep understanding of user-centered design methods and techniques
- 4+ years’ experience in user research, including conducting usability tests
- Strong knowledge of UX deliverables such as site maps, wireframes, prototyping, flow charts personas, functional specifications, and style guides
- Strong knowledge of related disciplines such as information architecture, interaction design and brand communications
- Previous design experience with smart phones and tablets preferred
- Previous eCommerce design experience strongly preferred
- Previous experience working via agile methodologies preferred
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams to promote open communication and teamwork
About Balsam Brands: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. We love to reimagine eCommerce and retail in ways that thrill our customers, and to leave a lasting impact on the world around us. We have fast-growing teams in the Bay Area, Boise, Manila, and Dublin.
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
- Balsam Brands in Forbes: http://bit.ly/balsamforbes
- Balsam Brands on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/balsam-brands/
Location: Boise, ID
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits.
Contact: Please submit a cover letter, resume and any relevant work samples and/or portfolio. Please include in your cover letter a dish that you would like to bring to one of our potlucks.
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.