Image Database Specialist - Manila, PH
- Manila, NCR, ph
Balsam Brands is a multi-brand e-Commerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. Based in Silicon Valley, the company operates market-leading websites such as www.BalsamHill.com. We strive for excellence in everything we do and have been honored to receive the following awards as a result:
- Forbes: America’s Best Small Companies (2016)
- Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- San Francisco Business Times: Fast 100 – Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: 75 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
The company’s outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Balsam International is our Regional Operating Headquarters in the Philippines functioning remotely with a team of hard-working, passionate professionals who contribute significantly to the company’s success.
Balsam International is looking for an Image Database Specialist who will be responsible for maintaining the digital asset repository of our e-Commerce websites and ensuring our images feed to our site correctly to create a beautiful and engaging customer experience. He/She will organize and display product imagery to assign appropriate data to accurately display photography on customer-facing web pages. Additionally, he/she will assist in implementing data updates to our digital asset management tool and ensure that the standards for uploading, naming, and categorizing assets are met. Our ideal candidate must be detail oriented and is interested in maintaining, organizing, and auditing data. He/She has a can-do attitude, strong organizational skills, and an eye towards continual improvement.
What you'll be doing:
- Assigns appropiate data to product and site imagery to ensure accurate display on customer-facing pages.
- Tracks data updates and audits websites to ensure desired photography updates reflect accurately.
- Helps troubleshoot imagery issues by using knowledge of our tools and data.
- Follow and maintain standards for image organization.
- Work closely with the site management team to execute bulk data projects.
- Actively communicate with teams in other geographies about the status of projects and priorities.
What you bring to the table:
- Graduate of any 4-year course with good scholastic standing.
- Must have excellent American English speaking and writing skills.
- Has 1+ years of work experience with data maintenance, data organization or data audit.
- Extremely detail oriented.
- Has strong organizational skills.
- Self-motivated, hard-working, and able to work under deadlines.
- Basic knowledge of MS Excel is a plus.
- Comfortable in working through a task via electronic means (email, chat and task management applications).
- Must live within Metro Manila, Bulacan, Cavite and Rizal areas only.
- Must be willing to join occasional in-person meetings.
- Must have a dedicated, functional laptop that meets the following specifications:
For Windows users:
- OS: Windows 7 – 64 bit or better
- Processor: Intel Core i3 or better
- RAM/Memory: 4GB or higher
- Hard Drive: 500GB or higher
For Mac users:
- Processor: 2GHz Intel Core i7
- Memory: 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
- Start-up Disk Macintosh HD
- Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536MB
- Must have a back-up laptop or desktop for use, if primary laptop encounters issues.
- Must have a fast, reliable DSL, Fiber or Broadband connection (not mobile or broadband stick) as the primary internet connection with a minimum actual speed of 2MBPS.
- Must have a back-up internet connection of the same speed, if primary connection becomes spotty.
Note: An online assessment will also be part of the recruitment process.
Status: Full Time.
Location: Our corporate offices are based in Northern California with a Regional Operating Headquarters (ROHQ) in the Philippines. The Image Database Specialist is a remote working position in Manila. Team members in the Philippines are ideally located within easy driving distance to Metro Manila for team outings. They have a great working environment at home with at least 2MBPS internet connection speed. Company executives visit the Philippines regularly so team members attend in-person meetings from time to time.