Digital Asset Management Specialist - Manila, PH
- Manila, NCR, ph
Balsam Brands is a multi-brand e-Commerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. Based in Silicon Valley, the company operates market-leading website such as www.BalsamHill.com. We strive for excellence in everything we do and have been honored to receive the following awards as a result:
- Forbes: America’s Best Small Companies (2016)
- Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- San Francisco Business Times: Fast 100 – Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: 75 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
The company’s outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Balsam International is our Regional Operating Headquarters in the Philippines functioning remotely with a team of hard-working, passionate professionals who contribute significantly to the company’s success. The team in the Philippines enjoy full employee benefits including mandatories (SSS, PAG-IBIG, PhilHealth), 13th month pay, healthcare coverage + 2 dependents, internet subsidy (after regularization), holiday breaks, meal subsidies, company trips and other perks on top of the work-from-home setup.
Balsam International is looking for a Digital Asset Management Specialist who will be responsible for maintaining our digital asset repository and ensuring our images feed to our site correctly to create a beautiful and engaging customer experience. He/She will learn how we organize and display product imagery to use that knowledge in assigning appropriate metadata to accurately display photography on customer-facing web pages.
Additionally, he/she will assist in implementing data updates to our Widen collective, the digital asset management tool, to not only maintain an organized database but also to ensure that the standards for uploading, naming, and categorizing assets are met. Our ideal candidate is detail oriented and is interested in maintaining, organizing, and auditing data. Successful candidates will have a can-do attitude, strong organizational skills, and an eye towards continual improvement.
What you'll be doing:
- Assigns appropriate data to product and site imagery to ensure accurate display on customer-facing pages.
- Tracks data updates and audits websites to ensure desired photography updates reflect accurately.
- Helps troubleshoot imagery issues by using knowledge of our tools and data.
- Follow and maintain standards for image organization.
- Work closely with the site management team to execute bulk data projects.
- Actively communicate with teams in other geographies about the status of projects and priorities.
What you bring to the table:
- Graduate of any 4-year course with good scholastic standing.
- Must have excellent American English speaking and writing skills.
- Has 1+ years of work experience with data maintenance, data organization or data audit.
- Extremely detail oriented.
- Has strong organizational skills.
- Self-motivated, hard-working, and able to work under deadlines.
- Basic knowledge of MS Excel is a plus.
- Comfortable in working through a task via electronic means (email, chat and task management applications).
- Must live within Metro Manila, Cavite, Rizal, Bulacan or certain parts of Laguna only (Biñan, Cabuyao, Calamba, Los Baños, San Pedro and Santa Rosa).
- Must be willing to join occasional in-person meetings.
- Must have a dedicated, functional laptop that meets the following specifications:
For Windows users:
- OS: Windows 7 – 64 bit or better
- Processor: Intel Core i3 or better
- RAM/Memory: 4GB or higher
- Hard Drive: 500GB or higher
For Mac users:
- Processor: 2GHz Intel Core i7
- Memory: 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
- Start-up Disk Macintosh HD
- Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536MB
- Must have a back-up laptop or desktop for use, if primary laptop encounters issues.
- Must have a fast, reliable DSL, Fiber or Broadband connection (not mobile or broadband stick) as the primary internet connection with a minimum actual speed of 5MBPS.
- Must have a back-up internet connection of the same speed, if primary connection becomes spotty.
- Must have licensed MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) including Outlook.
Note: An online assessment will also be part of the recruitment process.
Status: Full Time.
Location: Our corporate offices are based in Northern California with a Regional Operating Headquarters (ROHQ) in the Philippines. The Digital Asset Management Specialist is a remote working position in Manila. Team members in the Philippines are ideally located within easy driving distance to Metro Manila for team outings. They have a great working environment at home with at least 5MBPS internet connection speed. Company executives visit the Philippines regularly so team members attend in-person meetings from time to time.