Inventory Planning Analyst
- Boise, ID, USA
Are you an aspiring supply chain planning professional who is passionate about data and loves to create efficiency? Are you excited to learn and adapt in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment? As Inventory Planning Analyst, you will be responsible for guiding products through each part of the supply chain process, as well as maintaining, updating, and reporting on large data sets to help us improve forecasting, identify new opportunities, and drive profit. You will also get to collaborate on in-depth cross-functional projects which will have a direct impact on Balsam Brands’ business. One day you might partner with our eCommerce team to see how product data could help drive better forecasting; the next you might work with our operations partners to help optimize our global supply chain network.
Reporting to our Demand Planning Strategist, you will be joining our growing team of Supply Chain professionals and get the chance to solve real world business problems and grow your skillset alongside the dynamic Balsam Brands team!
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with the Planning team to improve and execute the demand forecasting and supply planning methodologies
- Partner closely with our Operations team and external partners to ensure timely and accurate execution of inventory plans
- Operate system-based processes and procedures for planning, order management, purchasing and supply chain
- Create, manage, and audit large data sets, which will drive various planning models
- Drive automation and documentation of planning functions and processes
- Assist merchant teams in planning for New Product Introductions (NPIs)
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management (or related)
- Entry level applicants accepted, experience in data management or supply chain role would be a bonus
- Experience with SKU level forecasting, including new product introductions preferred
- A willingness and excitement for maintaining, updating, and organizing data
- A demonstrable skill for drawing insights from and spotting problems within data
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic and positivity
- Strong attention to detail when identifying data relationships, trends, and anomalies
- Creative problem solver
- Ability to take initiative and deliver tangible results under deadlines
- Experience in retail, CPG, or manufacturing preferred
- Experience with Lean or Six Sigma would be a bonus
- Experience with highly seasonal products would be a bonus
About Balsam Brands: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. We love to reimagine eCommerce and retail in ways that thrill our customers, and to leave a lasting impact on the world around us. We have fast-growing teams in the Bay Area, Boise, Manila, and Dublin.
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
- Balsam Brands in Forbes: http://bit.ly/balsamforbes
- Balsam Brands on The Muse: https://www.themuse.com/companies/balsambrands
Location: Boise ID
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits.
Contact: Please submit a cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter a dish that you would like to bring to one of our potlucks.
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.