Procurement Analyst - Manila, PH
- Manila, Metro Manila, Philippines
Balsam Brands is a multi-brand e-Commerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. Based in Silicon Valley, the company operates market-leading websites such as www.BalsamHill.com and www.BackYardOcean.com. We strive for excellence in everything we do and have been honored to receive the following awards as a result:
- Forbes: America’s Best Small Companies (2016)
- Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- San Francisco Business Times: Fast 100 – Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: 75 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
The company’s outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Balsam International is our Regional Operating Headquarters in the Philippines functioning remotely with a team of hard-working, passionate professionals who contribute significantly to the company’s success. The team in the Philippines enjoy full employee benefits including mandatories (SSS, PAG-IBIG, PhilHealth), 13th month pay, healthcare coverage + 2 dependents, internet subsidy (after regularization), holiday breaks, meal subsidies, company trips and other perks on top of the work-from-home setup.
The Procurement Analyst is responsible for the execution of day to day procurement functions. The Procurement Analyst has a strong eye for detail, is advanced in MS Excel, a strong work ethic, and excellent organizational abilities. The Procurement Analyst is someone who loves tracking data, considers Excel fun, and is comfortable working through ambiguity.
The Procurement Analyst has excellent English communication skills (written and verbal), comfortable engaging in frequent communication with cross-functional teams and outside vendors, asking probing questions, receiving feedback, training, and learning new tools remotely. This person is a key player on our procurement team and will be responsible for the day to day execution of all procurement tasks.
What you'll be doing:
- Produce and Place all company Purchase Orders.
- Track all orders, payments, shipments, etc. to ensure on-time delivery of goods.
- Track all vendor documents and contracts.
- Creation, maintenance, and improvement of various procurement systems, processes, and databases.
- Follow up and negotiate with vendors to ensure compliance to agree upon ship dates.
- Develop reports and presentations in a clear and actionable manner.
- Support team and other functions through ad hoc analysis and projects.
- Expected to adapt, develop and expand skills as new and advanced solutions are introduced.
- Partner closely with internal teams to ensure smooth flow of data and goods.
What you bring to the table:
- A Bachelor’s degree in any field. Quantitative backgrounds are highly preferred.
- At least 2 years of work experience on relevant role is a plus.
- Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is a necessity.
- Unrelenting attention to detail and deliver error-free work on a consistent basis.
- Excellent communication skills - fluency in written and spoken English.
- Developed negotiation skills – comfortable having difficult conversations with outside vendors.
- Ability to work independently.
- Willingness to learn new tools quickly.
- Extremely organized and focused.
- Unrelenting work ethic and adherence to deadlines.
- Comfortable in working through a task via electronic means (email, chat and task management applications).
- Must live within Metro Manila only.
- Must be willing to join occasional in-person meetings.
- Must have a dedicated, functional laptop that meets the following specifications:
For Windows users:
- OS: Windows 7 – 64 bit or better
- Processor: Intel Core i3 or better
- RAM/Memory: 4GB or higher
- Hard Drive: 500GB or higher
For Mac users:
- Processor: 2GHz Intel Core i7
- Memory: 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
- Start-up Disk Macintosh HD
- Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536MB
- Must have a back-up laptop or desktop for use, if primary laptop encounters issues.
- Must have a fast, reliable DSL, Fiber or Broadband connection (not mobile or broadband stick) as the primary internet connection with a minimum actual speed of 5MBPS.
- Must have a back-up internet connection of the same speed, if primary connection becomes spotty.
- Must have licensed MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) including Outlook.
Note: An online assessment will also be part of the recruitment process.
Location: Our corporate offices are based in Northern California with a Regional Operating Headquarters (ROHQ) in the Philippines. The Procurement Analyst is a remote working position in Manila. Team members in the Philippines are ideally located within easy driving distance to Metro Manila for team outings. They have a great working environment at home with at least 5MBPS internet connection speed. Company executives visit the Philippines regularly so team members attend in-person meetings from time to time.