Senior QA Engineer
- Boise, ID, USA
As Sr. QA Engineer, you will play a vital role in establishing and owning the software QA tools and manual and automated QA processes to meet and exceed our business goals. Our small, high-performing team of eCommerce web developers needs a Senior QA Engineer to help ensure that all code deployed is of a consistently high quality. You will leverage your robust technical QA skills as well as strong teamwork and communication skills to maintain and improve effective collaboration strategies with teammates and partners around the world.
Beyond the challenging work you’ll tackle, you will also be joining our dynamic and growing Balsam Brands team, getting the chance to add to our unique work culture and make an impact as we grow to the next level!
Our Sr. QA Engineer will report to our Sr. Manager of Ecommerce Web Development.
What you’ll do:
- Own QA function for adaptive (desktop/tablet and mobile) eCommerce site on Hybris using SOLR for search and attribute-based filtering, plus all 3rd party integrations (payment gateway, tax, tag management, etc.).
- Develops testing estimates and schedules, tracks and records testing progress and confidence levels.
- Accountable for testing quality from start to finish, which includes writing and maintaining testing standards & cases, test plans, execution of test plans, and the evaluation of test results.
- Drive automation requirements, ensure development of highly automated test plans.
- Establish and document process as well as identify new tools and technologies to build continuous improvement in the QA process.
- Manage a QA team in Manila, Philippines.
- Partner with a Deployment Engineer from our Managed Services partner to deploy from the Hybris development environment to production, hosted on AWS.
- Plan, execute, and improve application release management processes.
- Plan and execute system performance and load testing.
- Opportunity to do QA work on other projects including, but not limited to, custom built order processing and warehouse management system.
You’ll be successful if:
- You enjoy working with talented teams to ensure a consistently high level of quality in our QA and DevOps practices.
- Ability work with teams and influence decisions and teams cross-functionally.
- Ability to work effectively with geographically distributed teams including partners.
- You’re passionate about attention to detail and an eye for quality.
What you bring to the table:
- 5 + years of demonstrated success in QA engineering in an enterprise-level software organization.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, especially with technical teams but also with business users.
- Familiarity with Agile methodology, including QA role in the workflow.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or Higher) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electronics & Communication, Electrical Engineering, or an equivalent degree, or equivalent practical experience.
About Balsam Brands: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. We love to reimagine eCommerce and retail in ways that thrill our customers, and to leave a lasting impact on the world around us. We have fast-growing teams in the Bay Area, Boise, Manila, and Dublin.
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
- Balsam Brands in Forbes: http://bit.ly/balsamforbes
- Balsam Brands on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/balsam-brands
Location: Boise, ID
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits.
Contact: Please submit a cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter a dish that you would like to bring to one of our potlucks.
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.