Recruitment Specialist - Manila, PH
- Manila, NCR, ph
Balsam Brands is a multi-brand e-Commerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. Based in Silicon Valley, the company operates market-leading websites such as www.BalsamHill.com and www.BackYardOcean.com. We strive for excellence in everything we do and have been honored to receive the following awards as a result:
- Forbes: America’s Best Small Companies (2016)
- Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- San Francisco Business Times: Fast 100 – Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: 75 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
The company’s outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Balsam International is our Regional Operating Headquarters in the Philippines functioning remotely with a team of hard-working, passionate professionals who contribute significantly to the company’s success. The team in the Philippines enjoy full employee benefits including mandatories (SSS, PAG-IBIG, PhilHealth), 13th month pay, healthcare coverage + 2 dependents, internet subsidy (after regularization), holiday breaks, meal subsidies, company trips and other perks on top of the work-from-home setup.
Balsam International is looking for a Recruitment Specialist who will be responsible for driving end-to-end recruitment for the Manila team. He/She will be managing all initiatives related to talent acquisition including building relationships with potential sourcing partners, tracking data to provide meaningful analytics, maintaining a high-quality candidate pool for all posts and elevating the over-all recruitment experience. Our ideal candidate must be smart, highly organized, reliable, can think out-of-the-box, must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and is great with people.
What you will be doing:
- Develop new recruiting strategies using current and emerging source of channels.
- Facilitate recruitment from defining skill needs, creating hiring forms, job descriptions to building talent pool and filtering quality candidates.
- Evaluate and screen potential quality hires, and assist them through the interview and hiring process.
- Understand recruiting priorities and ensure alignment with recruiting team.
- Build relationships with agencies, professional associations and other potential sourcing partners.
- Educate and guide the hiring team all throughout the recruitment process.
- Identifying pain points in recruitment and executing steps to address said gaps.
- Track and report recruitment data on a regular basis.
- All other analogous tasks, as requested.
What you bring to the table:
- A Bachelor’s degree from a top tier institution.
- At least 3 years of recruiting experience.
- Extensive experience in candidate sourcing solutions including management and maintenance of ATS.
- Background in Human Resource and/or administrative support is an advantage.
- Above average computer skills, including the use of Office Suites (word processors, email clients, etc.)
- Proficiency in MS Excel (Assessment will be conducted)
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Must be able to communicate to individuals on all levels.
- Well-developed time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Proven multi-tasking ability, especially with multiple high-priority tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Proactive attitude and learner’s mindset (asks questions, gives feedback, clarifies potential issues, etc.)
- Ability to independently figure out problems that arise before seeking out help.
- Capacity to adapt to changing environments, directions and priorities.
- Capability to work independently and with a team.
- Exceptional work ethics.
- Comfortable in working through a task via electronic means (email, chat and task management applications).
- Must live within Metro Manila only.
- Must be willing to join occasional in-person meetings.
- Must have a dedicated, functional laptop that meets the following specifications:
For Windows users:
- OS: Windows 7 – 64 bit or better
- Processor: Intel Core i3 or better
- RAM/Memory: 4GB or higher
- Hard Drive: 500GB or higher
For Mac users:
- Processor: 2GHz Intel Core i7
- Memory: 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
- Start-up Disk Macintosh HD
- Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536MB
- Must have a back-up laptop or desktop for use, if primary laptop encounters issues.
- Must have a fast, reliable DSL, Fiber or Broadband connection (not mobile or broadband stick) as the primary internet connection with a minimum actual speed of 5MBPS.
- Must have a back-up internet connection of the same speed, if primary connection becomes spotty.
- Must have licensed MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) including Outlook.
Note: An online assessment will also be part of the recruitment process.
Status: Full Time.
Location: Our corporate offices are based in Northern California with a Regional Operating Headquarters (ROHQ) in the Philippines. The Recruitment Specialist is a remote working position in Manila. Team members in the Philippines are ideally located within easy driving distance to Metro Manila for team outings. They have a great working environment at home with at least 5MBPS internet connection speed. Company executives visit the Philippines regularly so team members attend in-person meetings from time to time.