Content Writer - Manila, PH
- Metro Manila, Manila, NCR, ph
Balsam Brands is a multi-brand e-Commerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. Based in Silicon Valley, the company operates market-leading website such as www.BalsamHill.com. We strive for excellence in everything we do and have been honored to receive the following awards as a result:
- Forbes: America’s Best Small Companies (2016)
- Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- San Francisco Business Times: Fast 100 – Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: 75 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
The company’s outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Balsam International is our Regional Operating Headquarters in the Philippines functioning remotely with a team of hard-working, passionate professionals who contribute significantly to the company’s success. The team in the Philippines enjoy full employee benefits including mandatories (SSS, PAG-IBIG, PhilHealth), 13th month pay, healthcare coverage + 2 dependents, internet subsidy (after regularization), holiday breaks, meal subsidies, company trips and other perks on top of the work-from-home setup.
Balsam International is looking for Content Writers to communicate daily with our Manila and US-based teams, and play a key role in the development of our projects. They are responsible for writing content for our e-Commerce websites.
What you'll be doing:
- Write product descriptions, blog posts, promotional copy, and other content to support e-Commerce and Marketing needs.
- Write SEO-optimized copy, blog posts, and other articles according to the company’s branding and style guides.
- Work closely with the Content Team and other cross-functional teams to carry out initiatives including content creation and marketing campaigns.
- Pitch topics for editorial blog calendars, Resource Center articles, etc.
- Participate or lead brainstorming sessions to determine themes and ideas for editorial calendar and other content initiatives.
- Provide support for cross-functional teams (Social Media, Reputation Management, SEO, etc.)
What you bring to the table:
- Excellent command of the English language, with high level of American English reading, writing, and speaking skills.
- Minimum 2 years of writing experience (either print or online in the last 3-5 years).
- Passion for writing and ability to write engaging and informative copy on various subjects.
- Experience in a variety of writing formats (ad copy, long-form, blog posts, social, etc.)
- Must be proficient in basic MS Office applications and comfortable performing online research as required.
- Outstanding organizational, time management, and communication skills.
- Proactive, efficient, quick to learn, and has strong work ethic.
- Comfortable in working through a task via electronic means (email, chat and task management applications).
- Experience working in an advertising or digital marketing agency and writing ad copy.
- Must live within Metro Manila, Cavite, Rizal, Bulacan or certain parts of Laguna only (Biñan, Cabuyao, Calamba, Los Baños, San Pedro and Santa Rosa).
- Must be willing to join occasional in-person meetings.
- Must have a dedicated, functional laptop that meets the following specifications:
For Windows users:
- OS: Windows 7 – 64 bit or better
- Processor: Intel Core i3 or better
- RAM/Memory: 4GB or higher
- Hard Drive: 500GB or higher
For Mac users:
- Processor: 2GHz Intel Core i7
- Memory: 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
- Start-up Disk Macintosh HD
- Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536MB
- Must have a back-up laptop or desktop for use, if primary laptop encounters issues.
- Must have a fast, reliable DSL, Fiber or Broadband connection (not mobile or broadband stick) as the primary internet connection with a minimum actual speed of 5MBPS.
- Must have a back-up internet connection of the same speed, if primary connection becomes spotty.
- Must have licensed MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) including Outlook.
Note: An online assessment will also be part of the recruitment process.
Status: Full Time.
Location: Our corporate offices are based in Northern California with a Regional Operating Headquarters (ROHQ) in the Philippines. The Content Writer is a remote working position in Manila. Team members in the Philippines are ideally located within easy driving distance to Metro Manila for team outings. They have a great working environment at home with at least 5MBPS internet connection speed. Company executives visit the Philippines regularly so team members attend in-person meetings from time to time.