Online Visual Merchandising Specialist - Manila, PH
- Manila, NCR, ph
Balsam Brands is a multi-brand e-Commerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. Based in Silicon Valley, the company operates market-leading website such as www.BalsamHill.com. We strive for excellence in everything we do and have been honored to receive the following awards as a result:
- Forbes: America’s Best Small Companies (2016)
- Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- San Francisco Business Times: Fast 100 – Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: 75 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
The company’s outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Balsam International is our Regional Operating Headquarters in the Philippines functioning remotely with a team of hard-working, passionate professionals who contribute significantly to the company’s success. The team in the Philippines enjoy full employee benefits including mandatories (SSS, PAG-IBIG, PhilHealth), 13th month pay, healthcare coverage + 2 dependents, internet subsidy (after regularization), holiday breaks, meal subsidies, company trips and other perks on top of the work-from-home setup.
Balsam International is looking for an Online Visual Merchandising Specialist who will be responsible for executing all of our Balsam Brands’ on-site merchandising initiatives. He/She will be the keeper of our onsite visual standards making sure our products always look great online and are cross sold with complementary product recommendations.
Partnering cross functionally, our ideal candidate will collect and curate images from PR events, bloggers, and customers so that our product pages stay up-to-date, accurate, and fresh. He/She must be interested in online retail and has a strong visual aptitude that translates into the ability to create merchandising assortments that drive sales. Successful candidates must be ready and willing to jump in wherever they can help, have a can-do attitude and an eye towards continual improvement.
What you’ll be doing:
- Keep our product pages to visual standards.
- Create and maintain assortment of products recommended to customers based on buying history (cross-sells)
- Work cross functionally to collect and curate PR, blogger, and customer imagery across the sites.
- Actively communicate with teams in other geographies about the status of projects and priorities.
- Learn and use e-Commerce Tools to aid in visual merchandising .
What you bring to the table:
- Graduate of a 4-year course with good scholastic standing.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience.
- Must have excellent American English speaking and writing skills.
- Basic knowledge of MS Excel is a plus.
- Strong visual aptitude with a passion for online retail.
- Ability to translate visual aptitude into effective merchandising assortment.
- Self-motivated, hardworking and able to work under deadlines.
- Comfortable in working through a task via electronic means (email, chat and task management applications).
- Must live within Metro Manila, Cavite, Rizal, Bulacan or certain parts of Laguna only (Biñan, Cabuyao, Calamba, Los Baños, San Pedro and Santa Rosa).
- Must be willing to join occasional in-person meetings.
- Must have a dedicated, functional laptop that meets the following specifications:
For Windows users:
- OS: Windows 7 – 64 bit or better
- Processor: Intel Core i3 or better
- RAM/Memory: 4GB or higher
- Hard Drive: 500GB or higher
For Mac users:
- Processor: 2GHz Intel Core i7
- Memory: 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
- Start-up Disk Macintosh HD
- Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536MB
- Must have a back-up laptop or desktop for use, if primary laptop encounters issues.
- Must have a fast, reliable DSL, Fiber or Broadband connection (not mobile or broadband stick) as the primary internet connection with a minimum actual speed of 5MBPS.
- Must have a back-up internet connection of the same speed, if primary connection becomes spotty.
- Must have licensed MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) including Outlook.
Note: An online assessment will also be part of the recruitment process.
Status: Full Time.
Location: Our corporate offices are based in Northern California with a Regional Operating Headquarters (ROHQ) in the Philippines. The Online Visual Merchandising Specialist is a remote working position in Manila. Team members in the Philippines are ideally located within easy driving distance to Metro Manila for team outings. They have a great working environment at home with at least 5MBPS internet connection speed. Company executives visit the Philippines regularly so team members attend in-person meetings from time to time.