eCommerce Digital Manager - Manila, PH
- Manila, NCR, ph
Balsam Brands is a multi-brand e-Commerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. Based in Silicon Valley, the company operates market-leading websites such as www.BalsamHill.com. We strive for excellence in everything we do and have been honored to receive the following awards as a result:
- Forbes: America’s Best Small Companies (2016)
- Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- San Francisco Business Times: Fast 100 – Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: 75 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
The company’s outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Balsam International is our Regional Operating Headquarters in the Philippines functioning remotely with a team of hard-working, passionate professionals who contribute significantly to the company’s success.
Balsam International is looking an e-Commerce Digital Manager will lead the e-Commerce team in the Philippines in updating and improving our e-Commerce websites. He/She will be responsible for growing the team which currently includes three (3) team members, to a high-performing team of ten (10). We are seeking for a highly effective leader who fosters team spirit and enjoys coaching. Equally, we are looking for expert in process development who can create tools that will be used for on-going digital operations and explain new processes to team members.
Our ideal candidate is a people person with an analytical mind. He/She is an excellent communicator and a strategic thinker who considers how work impacts the company’s customers and the business. Successful candidates must be extremely reliable with keen attention to detail and excellent time management skills.
What you’ll be doing:
- Grow and develop our e-Commerce Team in the Philippines. Build the team of three (3) to a team of (10) capable of effectively supporting updates, accuracy, and improvements across multiple e-Commerce websites.
- Become an expert in the on-going work of the team such as using databases and other software tools to update website content, brand management, and merchandising. Develop and roll out processes that make team’s work easier and more efficient. Document processes, create “how to” guides for common or on-going tasks, and train the team.
- Coordinate with the US and Europe-based e-Commerce Managers to move projects and on-going responsibilities to team members in the Philippines. Ensure that team members are assigned work that suits their individual strengths, but that also allows them to continue to develop in their roles.
- Actively communicate with teams in other geographies about the status of projects, priorities, and team members’ workloads and continually balance the overall work across team members and re-assign tasks as needed.
- Coordinate with other teams in the Philippines (Web Development, Marketing, Content, SEO, Customer Success, Operations, and Analytics) to ensure effective partnership on cross-functional projects and initiatives.
- Lead e-Commerce analyses and processes, including evaluating performance data and setting product prices.
- Project manage key e-Commerce optimization projects.
- Plan and run monthly in-person team meetings in the greater Manila area.
What you bring to the table:
- Graduate of a 4-year course with good scholastic standing. Master’s degree is a plus.
- 3+ years of experience in managing a team, including hiring and on-boarding team members.
- 4+ years of related digital business experience.
- 4+ years of project management experience. Strong attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Significant experience using enterprise software tools and/or web applications to perform tasks and maintain data such as databases, content management systems and web-based reports.
- Intermediate knowledge in MS Office applications specifically in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Strong track record in leading successful major change projects/programs from start to finish.
- Self-motivated, hardworking and able to work under deadlines.
- Must have excellent American English speaking and writing skills.
- Must be willing and able to travel to the US at least once a year for 2-4 weeks for training and collaboration.
- Comfortable in working through a task via electronic means (email, chat and task management applications).
- Must live within Metro Manila, Bulacan, Cavite and Rizal areas only.
- Must be willing to join occasional in-person meetings.
- Must have a dedicated, functional laptop that meets the following specifications:
For Windows users:
- OS: Windows 7 – 64 bit or better
- Processor: Intel Core i3 or better
- RAM/Memory: 4GB or higher
- Hard Drive: 500GB or higher
For Mac users:
- Processor: 2GHz Intel Core i7
- Memory: 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
- Start-up Disk Macintosh HD
- Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536MB
- Must have a back-up laptop or desktop for use, if primary laptop encounters issues.
- Must have a fast, reliable DSL, Fiber or Broadband connection (not mobile or broadband stick) as the primary internet connection with a minimum actual speed of 2MBPS.
- Must have a back-up internet connection of the same speed, if primary connection becomes spotty.
Note: An online assessment will also be part of the recruitment process.
Status: Full Time.
Location: Our corporate offices are based in Northern California with a Regional Operating Headquarters (ROHQ) in the Philippines. The e-Commerce Digital Manager is a remote working position in Manila. Team members in the Philippines are ideally located within easy driving distance to Metro Manila for team outings. They have a great working environment at home with at least 2MBPS internet connection speed. Company executives visit the Philippines regularly so team members attend in person meetings from time to time.