Sr. Software QA Engineer - Manila, PH
- Manila, NCR, ph
Balsam Brands is a multi-brand e-Commerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. Based in Silicon Valley, the company operates market-leading websites such as www.BalsamHill.com and www.BackYardOcean.com. We strive for excellence in everything we do and have been honored to receive the following awards as a result:
- Forbes: America’s Best Small Companies (2016)
- Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- San Francisco Business Times: Fast 100 – Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: 75 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
The company’s outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Balsam International is our Regional Operating Headquarters in the Philippines functioning remotely with a team of hard-working, passionate professionals who contribute significantly to the company’s success. The team in the Philippines enjoy full employee benefits including mandatories (SSS, PAG-IBIG, PhilHealth), 13th month pay, healthcare coverage + 2 dependents, internet subsidy (after regularization), holiday breaks, meal subsidies, company trips and other perks on top of the work-from-home setup.
Balsam International is looking for a Sr. Software QA Engineer who will be responsible for providing back-end support for e-Commerce projects and maintenance using Java and Spring Framework. He/She will develop and maintain Hybris back-end code and extensions, create unit tests, do code reviews, and provide innovative solutions for pending bugs and issues within the system. This person will also provide technical analysis, scoping and estimations for any back-end related tasks and projects. Our ideal candidate will be working closely with our front-end team to support and extend date models and APIs, and co-develop with our software development partners.
As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will report to our Sr. Manager of e-Commerce Web Development.
What you'll be doing:
- Technical implementations and cross-functional collaborations to meet our business goals in a fast-paced environment.
- Leads a QA function for adaptive (desktop/tablet and mobile) e-Commerce site on Hybris using SOLR for search and attribute-based filtering, plus all 3rd party integrations (payment gateway, tax, tag management, etc.)
- Develops a testing estimates and schedules, tracks and records testing progress and confidence levels.
- Accountable for testing quality from start to finish, which includes writing and maintaining test cases, test plans, execution of test plans, and the evaluation of test results.
- Drives automation requirements, ensures development of highly automated test plans.
- Defines test strategies and plans, execute test plans, and reports on results.
- Finds more efficient ways to improve testing time and coverage through processes and tools.
- Develops testing standards and conduct training programs.
- Works with the Development Team to establish and document processes as well as identify new tools and technologies, for the purpose of continuous improvement.
- Plans, executes and improves application release management process.
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant industry is a plus.
- Minimum of 8 years' experience as a Sr. Software QA/Lead Engineer, or SDET role.
- Experience in Selenium or any automation framework.
- Experience writing test plans, test automation, and test cases.
- Extensive experience in automation framework outlining and script coding.
- Strong expertise in use of stress testing tools and software testing methodologies.
- Knowledge of software QA concepts and methodology.
- Knowledge of quality assurance procedures and testing Java applications.
- Experience working as embedded QA exercising AGILE methodologies.
- Experience working closely with Development and Business teams.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate within the team.
- Must have high proficiency of the English language. Excellent written English is required.
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Comfortable working through a task via electronic means (email, chat and task management applications).
- Must live within Metro Manila only.
- Must be willing to join occasional in-person meetings.
- Must have a dedicated, functional laptop that meets the following specifications:
For Windows users:
- OS: Windows 7 – 64 bit or better
- Processor: Intel Core i3 or better
- RAM/Memory: 4GB or higher
- Hard Drive: 500GB or higher
For Mac users:
- Processor: 2GHz Intel Core i7
- Memory: 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
- Start-up Disk Macintosh HD
- Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536MB
- Must have a back-up laptop or desktop for use, if primary laptop encounters issues.
- Must have a fast, reliable DSL, Fiber or Broadband connection (not mobile or broadband stick) as the primary internet connection with a minimum actual speed of 5MBPS.
- Must have a back-up internet connection of the same speed, if primary connection becomes spotty.
- Must have licensed MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) including Outlook.
Note: An online assessment will also be part of the recruitment process.
Status: Full Time.
Location: Our corporate offices are based in Northern California with a Regional Operating Headquarters (ROHQ) in the Philippines. The Sr. Software QA Engineer is a remote working position in Manila. Team members in the Philippines are ideally located within easy driving distance to Metro Manila for team outings. They have a great working environment at home with at least 5MBPS internet connection speed. Company executives visit the Philippines regularly so team members attend in-person meetings from time to time.