Jr. Digital Analyst - Manila, PH
- Manila, NCR, ph
Balsam Brands is a multi-brand e-Commerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. Based in Silicon Valley, the company operates market-leading websites such as www.BalsamHill.com. We strive for excellence in everything we do and have been honored to receive the following awards as a result:
- Forbes: America’s Best Small Companies (2016)
- Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- San Francisco Business Times: Fast 100 – Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: 75 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
The company’s outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Balsam International is our Regional Operating Headquarters in the Philippines functioning remotely with a team of hard-working, passionate professionals who contribute significantly to the company’s success.
Balsam International is looking for a Jr. Digital Analyst who will be responsible for the maintenance and day to day operations of our analytics tools, for supporting deep-dives with specific online marketing requests, and development of new insightful reports. He/She has a strong eye for detail, and prior experience in MS Excel and Google Analytics is a plus. Our ideal candidate is someone who loves playing with data, considers Excel fun, bar and line charts as art, and is quick to react when minor issues affect the process of data analysis. In addition to this, he/she will drill down in Google Analytics, find something noteworthy and add that to their list of things to analyze with enthusiasm.
He/She has excellent English written and verbal communication skills, comfortable engaging in frequent communication, providing the marketing teams with reports and insights, asking probing questions, receiving feedback, training, and learning new tools remotely. He/She is a key player in maintaining our analytics systems and processes.
What you'll be doing:
- Analyze website performance and support e-Commerce to make better business decisions and deliver the highest level of customer experience.
- Collect, interpret and analyze product sales data to find opportunities and help improve web merchandising and product assortment.
- Develop and maintain dashboards, reports, and presentations to key stakeholders in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintenance and improvement of various analytics systems and processes.
- Expected to adapt, develop and expand skills as new and advanced solutions are introduced.
- Support other functions through ad hoc analysis.
What you bring to the table:
- A Bachelor’s degree with good academic standing. Quantitative backgrounds are highly preferred.
- Entry level applicants are welcome. 1-3 years of work experience on relevant role is an advantage and will be considered and valued (competitive salary based on qualifications).
- Experience using Google Analytics and general understanding of e-Commerce is a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Excel is a plus.
- Interested, curious and motivated to learn various methodologies working with large amounts of facts, figures and numbers, and ultimately drawing conclusions and providing actionable insights.
- Being imaginative not only in displaying the data but also in analyzing it.
- Unrelenting attention to detail and deliver error-free work on a consistent basis.
- Excellent communication skills - fluency in written and spoken English.
- Ability to work independently.
- Willingness to learn new tools quickly.
- Comfortable working through tasks via electronic means: email and chat.
- Comfortable in working through a task via electronic means (email, chat and task management applications).
- Must live within Metro Manila, Bulacan, Cavite and Rizal areas only.
- Must be willing to join occasional in-person meetings.
- Must have a dedicated, functional laptop that meets the following specifications:
For Windows users:
- OS: Windows 7 – 64 bit or better
- Processor: Intel Core i3 or better
- RAM/Memory: 4GB or higher
- Hard Drive: 500GB or higher
For Mac users:
- Processor: 2GHz Intel Core i7
- Memory: 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
- Start-up Disk Macintosh HD
- Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536MB
- Must have a back-up laptop or desktop for use, if primary laptop encounters issues.
- Must have a fast, reliable DSL, Fiber or Broadband connection (not mobile or broadband stick) as the primary internet connection with a minimum actual speed of 5MBPS.
- Must have a back-up internet connection of the same speed, if primary connection becomes spotty.
Note: An online assessment will also be part of the recruitment process.
Status: Full Time.
Location: Our corporate offices are based in Northern California with a Regional Operating Headquarters (ROHQ) in the Philippines. The Jr. Digital Analyst is a remote working position in Manila. Team members in the Philippines are ideally located within easy driving distance to Metro Manila for team outings. They have a great working environment at home with at least 5MBPS internet connection speed. Company executives visit the Philippines regularly so team members attend in person meetings from time to time.