Content Editor - Manila, PH
- Metro Manila, Manila, NCR, ph
Balsam Brands is a multi-brand e-Commerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. Based in Silicon Valley, the company operates market-leading websites such as www.BalsamHill.com. We strive for excellence in everything we do and have been honored to receive the following awards as a result:
- Forbes: America’s Best Small Companies (2016)
- Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- San Francisco Business Times: Fast 100 – Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: 75 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
The company’s outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Balsam International is our Regional Operating Headquarters in the Philippines functioning remotely with a team of hard-working, passionate professionals who contribute significantly to the company’s success.
Balsam International is looking for Content Editors who will communicate daily with our Manila and US-based teams, and play a key role in ensuring the quality of the written content on our e-Commerce websites. They are responsible for editing the work of a team of writers and expected to give them feedback.
What you'll be doing:
- Work closely with the Content Team and other functional leads to carry out initiatives including content creation and marketing campaigns.
- Ensure consistent voice and adherence to the copy's scope and company's quality standards and style guidelines. This includes, but not limited to, fact-checking, verifying details, and authenticating sources.
- Edit product descriptions, articles, blog posts, and various online copy according to the company's style guide and SEO parameters.
- Provide timely and objective feedback to writers and editors, requests for revisions, and communicate changes in copy.
- Participate and/or lead brainstorming sessions to determine themes and ideas for editorial calendar and other content initiatives including marketing campaigns.
- Write product descriptions, blog posts, promotional copy, and other content to support e-Commerce and Marketing needs.
What you bring to the table:
- Excellent command of the English language, with high level of American English reading, writing and speaking skills.
- Minimum 3 years of writing and editing experience, including providing feedback to a team of writers.
- Passion for writing and editing, and is able to write and edit engaging and informative copy on various subjects.
- Experience in a variety of writing formats (long-form, blog posts, social, etc.)
- Understand link development, keyword research and analysis, and SEO practices.
- Must be proficient in basic MS Office applications and comfortable performing online research as required.
- Outstanding organizational, time management, and communication skills.
- Strong work ethic, proactive and quick to learn.
- Comfortable in working through a task via electronic means (email, chat and task management applications).
Nice to Have:
- Experience in working in an advertising agency and writing and/or editing ad copy.
- A bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, or Communications is a plus.
- Must live within Metro Manila, Bulacan, Cavite and Rizal areas only.
- Must be willing to join occasional in-person meetings.
- Must have a dedicated, functional laptop that meets the following specifications:
For Windows users:
- OS: Windows 7 – 64 bit or better
- Processor: Intel Core i3 or better
- RAM/Memory: 4GB or higher
- Hard Drive: 500GB or higher
For Mac users:
- Processor: 2GHz Intel Core i7
- Memory: 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
- Start-up Disk Macintosh HD
- Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536MB
- Must have a back-up laptop or desktop for use, if primary laptop encounters issues.
- Must have a fast, reliable DSL, Fiber or Broadband connection (not mobile or broadband stick) as the primary internet connection with a minimum actual speed of 5MBPS.
- Must have a back-up internet connection of the same speed, if primary connection becomes spotty.
Note: An online assessment will also be part of the recruitment process.
Status: Full Time.
Location: Our corporate offices are based in Northern California with a Regional Operating Headquarters (ROHQ) in the Philippines. The Content Editor is a remote working position in Manila. Team members in the Philippines are ideally located within easy driving distance to Metro Manila for team outings. They have a great working environment at home with at least 5MBPS internet connection speed. Company executives visit the Philippines regularly so team members attend in-person meetings from time to time.